Bow Strings & Coyotes

LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Bow Strings & Coyotes

Post by LeGrand »

Busy weekend, had plans and got a call from a new acquaintance Friday asking if I wanted to try coyote hunting during the weekend. Since next weekend I'll be in Kingston, I told him let me get some chores out of the way, and I'll give you a call back for Sunday maybe.

Well Saturday, drove the wife and daughter shopping at Bayshore. Met Mr. Tim Watson and shacked his hands and introduced him to the wife and daughter. He was a gentleman and hoped we would have his support in the next upcoming municipal election. I told him we are from Gatineau. Kind of gave him a surprise, that even us on the QC side like him.

Anyhow! After shopping, I took the afternoon to make myself two new recurve strings for my bow, since I rejoined the Aylmer Archers Club.

Sunday, went scouting for yotes. Talked to 6 sheep farmers in the Outaouais for info and potential permissions, but all except one told us that a local trapper has been doing a fairly good job catching whatever was around, which was much less than the previous year.

The one landowner that gave us permission, allowed us to go and scout his property, no signs of coyote tracks where we looked, but lots of fresh turkey tracks.

By the way, we saw during Sundays drive, 24 deers, one of them even stopped 4 feet from the truck coming down a hill, to let us go by before crossing the road.
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

I saw a lone coyote standing in a field on the East side of Highway 416 around the Roger Stevens Dr exit yesterday on my way home from Belleville.

I wish I had my 22-250 with me...I would have loved to have taken that little bugger out.