Here's a family day out.....!!!!

Roughneck1860
Participant
Participant

Here's a family day out.....!!!!

Post by Roughneck1860 »

We got out today for what probably going to be my last time of the season. There was me, my friend Chris (Q2XLbowhunter) and our boys. It started off well with a Coyote being spotted going into a bush/creek bottom across the street from the house as we were loading up. After a quick change plans we had gotten into the field and pushed it out. That push didn't end up as well as we though with Mr. Coyote getting out between guys some where....again. We've been having a tough time in that one spot. We loaded up and made our way to our first planned push. We had the boys set up blocking and me and Chris were pushing it out. About a third of the way through Chris and I have have something go busting butt through some very thick brush we were in. We can't see 20yrds so we weren't sure what it was but not 30 seconds later....BANG!!!!.....BANG!!! and Zach (Roughneck Jr.) gets on the radio yellin' "He's down! He's down!". Chris and I make our way out of the bush and into the open to find out what went on and there's Zach standing over top his first Coyote. WE do alot of Coyote hunting and move a lot of Dogs. Although Zach's a top notch shot with the shot gun he's still new to the rifle scene and has been on a long streak of missin' 'Yote's. Well it ended today with a perfect head shot on the run at 175yrds. He was shaking a bit on his first shot at 125yrd standing 'Yote but made up for it on the second. It was a beautiful large male that he's getting tanned for a wall hanger. We kept pushing the rest of the day and moved two Dogs which Chris hammered on one of and the other got away. We also busted 4 Jacks and had another 4 or 5 give past us. Everything we shot today was all on the run with our rifles. All in all it was a great day in field. I'm hoping to get out one more time this season but I don't think its going to happen. Here's a pic of Zach with his trophy from today and another of our group efforts.

Good Huntin'
Tim

cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Nice 'Yotes!

Congrats on his first one baller!

This is one that had the misfortune of meeting our feed truck driver;

He was kind of a big boy! Had deer fur coming out of his mouth!

Craig
Roughneck1860
Participant
Participant

Post by Roughneck1860 »

Nice looking Coyote there. I've hunted up that way and you guys defiantly grow them big there.

Tim
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

They say that a lot of the coyotes up here are mixed with wolves. What I can tell you for sure, we are surrounded here on the farm. I go out at night and hear them singing close to the barns.

I don't know what the laws are out here, but the farmers bag bunches of them out here all year round.

If it is legal... would be a great idea to get you and your sharp-shooter up here to thin the packs out a little!

Craig
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Dem Der Jacks look tasty....But the yotes never tried Dem before... :shock:
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Nice going boys!
I dont think there are any pure coyotes in eastern Canada and USA, it is all wolf/coyote hybrids in the east.
The true coyotes from Sask. and Westward are little silky things that big males weigh 25lbs.
Around here big males weigh up to 60 plus pounds