After school bunnies......me and my boys

Roughneck1860
Participant
Participant

After school bunnies......me and my boys

Post by Roughneck1860 »

Got out last night with my boys for a bit of a bunnie hunt after school. My and my youngest son Josh had our .22's and my oldest son Zach had his .22/.410 combo. We do things a little different than a lot of guys in that we pick a hedge row and area and hunt it really hard instead of just trying to cover a lot of ground. The area we hunted was no more than 1/2 mile long and maybe 50 yrs wide. It was snowing pretty good so any track we came across were real fresh. We hadn't gone 100yrds in when I cut track and saw a rabbit up ahead. I whistled to Josh and pointed. He made a slow stalk into about 30yrds and popped the first rabbit of the evening. About another 100yrs or so Zach stops suddenly and points his gun almost straight down and ....crack!!! Pops the second one of the evening with a 5ft shot into a bush pile. WE came across a set of fresh Coyote track that appeared to be from a hungery' Yote working the same area. We went for a good distance until they turned off and we picked up another set of rabbit tracks. This one was jumpy though and took off running throw the hedge. It turned intot he field ahead of me and stopped about 75yrds out and step up tall.......big mistake. I out my bead on the top of his head and squeezed off the shot. Our third was down. It was a great night. Dead calm and snowing nicely. A really good father/son night out. To top it off we ended up shooting one more each for a total of six. Here's a picture of the boys with their 4. Looks like were going to get out Saturday for one more go at things and then that will be it until next year. Good Luck to all that head out this weekend.

Good huntin'
Tim

wheresdad
Participant
Participant

Post by wheresdad »

Sounds like you had a great day with your boys.
We still have most of March yet out here in eastern ontario, but it's really only snowshoes on public land for me. I have yet to see a cottontail on any of the land I hunt.

Enjoy your meal!
Wabler
Participant
Participant

Post by Wabler »

That's a photo your son's sons will be showing their sons.

Nice job.
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

I agree only cotton tails i see is in the city running from traffic, I sot my share of snow shoes already.
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

after school bunnies

Post by pikefisher2009 »

i have not been out alot but will be going next sunday hopefully
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Nice ... 8)
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Very well done!

Those look like some great moments right there.....
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice shootin' Tim.

Nice to get some quality time with the young lads too I bet.