Turkey Course

Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Turkey Course

Post by Robert Goulet »

Ok...all these pictures have me wanting to get on board with this turkey hunting thing. I've taken moose, deer, partridge and bear and it's time for me to try this out.

I'm looking forward to getting out in the fall but I will need to take the course beforehand.

Can someone recommend a good course and instructor for me. What are the approximate costs and how long is the course.

Thanks,
RG
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

One day... can't recall the cost - somewhere in the $35-45 range. Some decent draws - door prizes etc. Big commercial product push, a little bit of useful info here and there... mostly safety related. Money grab IMHO.

Watch this web address for locations of seminars, between Jan-Apr 2011
http://www.ofah.org/Hunting/index.cfm?ID=12 eg- you'll likely have to wait until next year...

You'll get a piece of paper that is good until your outdoor card comes up for renewal, at which point there will be a T on the card, so you won't need the paper after that.

The fall hunt is not representative of the spring hunt. Shorter season, little gobbling... yet I believe it is same cost for the fall tag.

FYI - warning - Turkey hunting is VERY addicting. I've hunted them for 3 years now, 3 birds shot (none my first season, 2 last year, 1 this year) Honestly - I look fwd to it as much as deer hunting now!!
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

Thanks for the info O4T!!