Won't give up!!!

Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Won't give up!!!

Post by Mr Twister »

Well out again this morning as the sun was bright and the birds were Gobbling around better then the weekend.......but 1 Tom and 2 hen....nothing.Later 2 Jakes.......no interest?Then 2 hens with no Tom.....leave for work........crap!!!! :roll:
I have my 2 nice hens but notice the lack of Strutting interest as I feel the cold is still keeping them on the not so excited side of things"
I will figure it out :wink: ......I hope.....lol

Pauly
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

I had a nice Tom come in to my calling last week... but as he was coming, he would stop and eat, then feathers up, back down, more eating. Eventually he wandered off to a real hen yapping to my left, stayed just out of range.

Seems the Toms are changing their ways... breeding season is almost over.
The once hot Hens are not so hot anymore, mostly sitting on eggs, with a few Jennys running with the boys but not breedable age.

Other years I have switched to ambushing them at this stage. Same tactic now, reduced calling to steer them my way, then wait quietly at a known funnel.

Still working on Tag #2.... Good luck to others doing the same.
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

Those are some choice words and feel the same :wink:

Good tip! :!:
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Getting hard !!

Post by tinman454 »

There still breeding !! sat and watched a huge tom f##king a hen at first i though it was someone hunting with a deke as i watched it with binos an it didnt move. When i got close i saw what was going on verry neat to see! Keep trying go easy on the calling. I have called in 5 birds all have been harvested and not one gobbled back this year?? never had this happen before. All came to the deks silent verry werd year. As said before if they wont come to you hunt were you see them most and dont call just set up 2 hen deks hope this helps a bit