Waterfowl Hunting Ottawa river

Whitetail
Participant
Participant

Waterfowl Hunting Ottawa river

Post by Whitetail »

Is there any waterfowl hunting allowed on the Ottawa river near Constance Bay?
Chefman
Participant
Participant

Post by Chefman »

http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/bylaw/a_ ... dule_d.jpg
This is a link to the City of Ottawa By-Law Website regarding the discharge of firearms. Areas shaded in grey are no discharge areas. I hunt on the Rideau and there are ares on the water that are greyed out. So it looks like if you were to hunt from a boat on the water you would be good for Constance Bay. Don't quote me on that though. Phone the City By-Law office and double check.
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

yes

Post by tinman454 »

yes you can but you need to know the rules good as Every time you do it you will have cops there ! it just becomes a big hassle!! and you need to teach each and every one the regs for 2 hrs every time they show up !!! Also you will run into anti-hunting cops that will do everything to try to charge you with something i.e. we had an NCC cop hold us at Mooney's Bay for 2 hours for an RCMP officer to come who checked our paperwork and left and said we were fine! This guy was adamant that we were going to be charged with something. After all this time, my friend finally walked up to his car, grabbed our paperwork and told him to come find us at our house if he needed any more info. So, if you want to do it, you can. Make sure you know the regs, have all your paperwork and get ready to meet the police force in Ottawa. PS. They must respond to every gun call complaint - period. This is the problem.
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

hunting on the ottawa river

Post by pikefisher2009 »

go towards the east end rockland lots of hunting out that way