What scope would you buy?

SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

I guess I'll count myself as a Leupold guy.
I have an older 2.5x8 Vari-X III that I am very happy with.
Which I understand is equivalent in quality to todays Vari-X II

I can't vouch for other comanies but the service for Leupold is unbelievable.
I got my scope re-sealed and gassed for free when it started to fog after over 25 years. Just sent it in, they sent it back.
My father bought a gun that had a Leupold that had problems with jumping crosshairs (without knowing at the time of course). Sent it in saying "something is wrong with my scope" and they fixed it and shipped it back. Basically you buy the scope for life. But they are expensive.
JC
Participant
Participant

Post by JC »

Does anyone have any input on Nikon?
I know they make good glass for cameras....
I ask as I am in the market for a scope as well for my new xbolt 30-06.
Right now I have a Bausch & Lomb ScopeChief VI mounted on it, which I am told is in the same class as the Bushnell 3200??? I do like it, but its just a loaner.
Thanks

CHeeRS
J.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

JC wrote:Does anyone have any input on Nikon?
I know they make good glass for cameras....
I ask as I am in the market for a scope as well for my new xbolt 30-06.
Right now I have a Bausch & Lomb ScopeChief VI mounted on it, which I am told is in the same class as the Bushnell 3200??? I do like it, but its just a loaner.
Thanks

CHeeRS
J.
Your B&L scope was almost certainly made in Japan and probably has very good glass. Pretty much ANY Japanese scope is of good quality. B&L was taken over by Bushnell and I "think" that Bushnell would honour a B&L warranty return, but you should ask them.

I had only one Nikon scope, seems to me it had a model name like "Buckmaster" or similar, and it was OK. I do not know enough about them to give good advice. I suggest it would be worth your time to find out about their warranty service before you make a purchase decision. As I probably stated earlier, the warranty service for Bushnell, Burris, and Leupold is excellent.

Doug