Marlborough Forest

Rod
Participant
Participant

Marlborough Forest

Post by Rod »

Hey Guy's anybody hunt ducks in the Marlborough. I hunt grouse and woodcock there and I know Ducks Unlimited did some stuff in there. I don't want to take anyones honeyhole but any help would be apreciated.
Thanks Rod
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

Rod , I've hunted there before about 15 yrs ago. Were we hunted was a large flooded area large enough for a boat and small motor. I went back a few years ago but saw lots of" no trespassing signs " 8) I know there is lots of crown land, you should get a map from the MNR just to make sure.

How's the grouse hunting in the Marlborough?
Rod
Participant
Participant

grouse

Post by Rod »

Refteck. The grouse hunting is not the greatest, better woodcock hunting.For grouse I hit the Larose forest.
Rod
refteck
Participant
Participant

Post by refteck »

Rod we could do a swap! I'll take you out for ducks and geese on the river and you take me out for some grouse. If your interested PM me in late Sept. I'm usually out every Sat morning and a day or two in the week.
Rod
Participant
Participant

Post by Rod »

Refteck. Already hunt ducks on the Ottawa River on the Quebec side, but its getting crouded in the DU marsh. Just looking for other options. About the grouse hunt I have a two and half year old so I go when I can. I'll let you know if I have a hunt planned that is not spur of the moment.
Rod
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Rod,
The Marlborough is a good place for early season ducks. Just make sure you check where the 'Walking trail' is, as you must be 400 (I think) feet away to hunt. Unfortunately, it runs through some excellent swamps. The NCC oversees the Marlborough, but they know less about the regulations concerning it than you'd hope. Do your research on the internet.
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

Hi all,

One week ago I went to Marlborough forest, and I was looking for Wild Turkey for Fall season.

And I went to first spot which I found a few ducks...... I am lucky. :lol:

ASK
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Hit Larose on Saturday. For the first time in 3 season, I saw no birds in Larose. Could be because it was Larose Forest Day and there was more traffic, but I was on some pretty secluded trails. Maybe a bad year??

Yannick
Rod
Participant
Participant

Post by Rod »

Larose update. Walked for two hours and no birds the dog was even getting bored. Then we put up seven bird in ten minutes and got four.
Rod