Canadian Police Chiefs Association targeting Gun Owners

MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Canadian Police Chiefs Association targeting Gun Owners

Post by MLR »

I copied this from another site, it looks like the canadian police association is going to make an effort to make criminals out of us long gun owners. Check and double check your paper work

Canada’s National Firearms Association
Canada’s most effective firearms organization
Box 52183, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2T5 Telephone: 780-439-1394
Toll Free: 1-877-818-0393 www.nfa.ca

For Immediate Release 25 Aug 2010

OPERATION ZERO TOLERANCE

Zero Tolerance on Gun Control Abuses

Canada’s National Firearms Association announces Operation Zero Tolerance to expose planned gun control abuses. It has come to the attention of Canada's National Firearms Association that the political police chief heads of law enforcement associations are planning a nation wide blitz against licensed firearms owners, as retribution for the political action of the Canadian firearms community that has resulted in the final vote in parliament of Manitoba MP Candice Hoeppner's Bill C-391.

The Canadian Association of Police Chiefs (CAPC) has formed a "National Firearms Policy" in order to coordinate enforcement initiatives against licensed firearms owners with registered firearms. Canada's National Firearms Association has information that CACP will be directing their members to clamp down on licensed firearms owners with registered firearms as punishment for their political action to reform bad firearms control laws.

* All paperwork offenses will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, despite the current limited federal government amnesty which ends in May 2011.

* Home inspections will be performed on an ever increasing basis on firearms owners with more than ten registered firearms, and all restricted and prohibited firearms owners.

* Registered firearms will be seized despite their legal use or status, with the onus put on their owners to navigate the firearms bureaucracy and legal system in order to retrieve them. Furthermore, CACP will lobby for a national handgun ban, the confiscation of all registered handguns in Canada, and the reclassification of all semi automatic firearms as "Restricted" or "Prohibited" firearms.

CACP lobbyist Bill Blair's record as Chief of the Toronto Police Service is an indication of the treatment by law enforcement he wishes to impose on all Canadians. As Chief of Police, Bill Blair ordered Toronto Police Service to target senior citizens and confiscate their firearms for paperwork offenses, and conduct a campaign of harassment against anyone with a firearms license and a registered firearm.

Canada's National Firearms Association advises all firearms owners:

*Check the expiration date on your firearms license, and make sure it is valid. Allowing a firearms license to expire is a criminal offense subject to criminal code punishment, especially if you own restricted or grandfathered prohibited firearms. Allowing a firearms license to expire may result in the loss of your grandfathering privileges.

*Check your current firearms storage system. Read the Firearms Act and ensure that your firearms storage system complies or exceeds safe storage regulations.

*Review your current firearms transportation methods and check the expiration date on your authorizations to transport firearms in the case of restricted firearms and prohibited handguns. Make sure you are in full compliance or better with firearms transportation regulations.

*Contact the Canada Firearms Centre and ensure that your firearms registration records are complete and accurate. Make sure all of your transfers and acquisitions have been recorded correctly. If they are not, you will be held accountable, not the Canada Firearms Centre.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED AND CHARGED UNDER THE POLITICAL POLICE CHIEF'S GUN BLITZ, CONTACT CANADA'S NATIONAL FIREARMS ASSOCIATION AT (877) 818 - 0393. or visit us on the web at: www.nfa.ca. Each incident will be catalogued and brought to the attention of the Minister of Public Safety of Canada, to demonstrate the gun control agenda of the political police.

For more information contact:
Blair Hagen, Executive VP Communications, 604-753-8682, Blair@nfa.ca
Sheldon Clare, President, 250-981-1841, Sheldon@nfa.ca
www.nfa.ca
Canada’s NFA toll-free number - 1-877-818-0393
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

what a bunch of b.s.

Post by tinman454 »

One more reason for this to be gone for goood there is no way i want cops wasting time trying to charge me for not storing my guns in my own house the right way!!! Does anyone think if cops put this much effort to go after drug dealers and theives the crime rate would drop??If they are at my house checking guns who's checking on the real criminals!!! Iget so mad over this stuff rant over!!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

AMEN to that Tinman.
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

a bit one sided though

Post by C5 »

I am as much against the gun law as anybody, but I have to question the tactic of this group... this release is clearly mean to encite gun owners.. it reminds me of PETA claims.. doesnt help the cause I'am afraid.. too bad they could be playing a constructive critical role... my 2 cents
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

It would have been nice if the Canadian National Firearms Association , "Canada's most effective firearms association" as they put it, would have been much more effective had they given more concrete proof this was indeed happening.

I'm not a fan of the registry myself but, two sides stoking the fire isn't helpful in the slightest. If they had written proof this was happening, it should have been properly presented with this release as well, it could have been used correctly to show how that in itself is a huge abuse of Police resources etc.

As it stands here, it's just more rhetoric...