So much for Goose opener!

Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

So much for Goose opener!

Post by Mr Twister »

It still feels like summer for them...eh
I have been hitting all the back roads south of Ottawa as next to none visible......
Need the colder weather!!!
There is allways fishing.....thank god :wink:

Hang in there"

Pauly
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Here there were lots of local (St Lawrence) geese flying this afternoon around 5pm on my way home. Had a birthday party for my son, so no hunting tonight.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Shouldn't be long.

I know of three guys that hunted the QC opener of Sept 6th in fields north of 148 east of Masson-Angers, and harvested 23 in less than two hours. And they had arrived late, and had place only 12 decoys.

Patience.

8)
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Seen a lot of them yesterday in the Gatineau River along the 105 in sheltered bays in the late morning. With all the traffic wooshing by on the highway... I remember thinking that they were prime for a drive-by... Compton style!

:lol:

Craig
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

cprince wrote:Seen a lot of them yesterday in the Gatineau River along the 105 in sheltered bays in the late morning. With all the traffic wooshing by on the highway... I remember thinking that they were prime for a drive-by... Compton style!

:lol:

Craig
Wondering if they hit the fields up Mountain road going towards Iddelweiss. Know of two land owners (brothers) on each side of the Gatineau river, maybe I could enquire for permissions.
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

Saw a few large flocks flying over Cobden this am heading south!
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I got out last night on a water hunt on the St. lawrance just east of Kingston. I have a large flock of maybe 100 total local birds that im hunting. The geese around here are feeding and traveling back and forth from the corn fields to the water more then once a day.

I harvested a large bird yesterday at sunset. It was full of corn. I mean packed full from its gizard to its mouth. No pin feathers either?
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

I will be heading Cobden way tomorrow........see what happens!

Good luck this weekend :wink:
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Well, as a DUC volunteer, I helped the guy of DUC Outaouais who manages the Marais-Trépanier east of Masson-Angers, QC installed a few signs (that's him on the pictures). These are temporary signs for the controlled hunt on DUC's land. You need to register for the draw of 9 available spots for the weekends of Sept 25-26 & Oct 2-3. No hunting allowed during the whole two week-days. Afterwards, the signs come down, and people just go on first come first served, but still have to register which spot they take for the day and also the number of ducks or geese they harvest.

We went for a walk afterwards on the DUC property and had our chest waders on which enabled us to cross some watery spots.

Main Road Sign:

Sign Leading to Available Parking & Registration Box:

Sign at end of Parking Showing Also Where to Register:

Temporary Tool Box Registration Station:
ralphie
Participant
Participant

Post by ralphie »

starting to see a few flocks around winchester area silage corn just starting to be taken off the fields. sure nice to hear the honking again
can only get better
pikefisher2009
Participant
Participant

so much for goose opener

Post by pikefisher2009 »

i havnt seen any at all where i hunt on the fields east of ottawa,im hoping by the end of the week