2010 bow opener

clint
Participant
Participant

2010 bow opener

Post by clint »

Today is better than christmas for me, I'm an avid bow hunter.... I say avid because I love it not because I'm successful lol.... As a matter of fact I'm sitting in my tree stand right now..... Up at 5 this morning and in the stand by 6..... Just spent the last hour sitting here watching 2 very healthy (ie. Big) does wander around eating at about 60 yards.... Not really comfortable with anything aver 50 yards so they live to come closer another day.... Any one else make it out for season opener?
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2010 bow opener

Post by LeGrand »

clint wrote:Today is better than christmas for me, I'm an avid bow hunter.... I say avid because I love it not because I'm successful lol.... As a matter of fact I'm sitting in my tree stand right now..... Up at 5 this morning and in the stand by 6..... Just spent the last hour sitting here watching 2 very healthy (ie. Big) does wander around eating at about 60 yards.... Not really comfortable with anything aver 50 yards so they live to come closer another day.... Any one else make it out for season opener?
Ah! the opener. Missing it this year. Good luck in those bucks or does coming in closer for a kill shot.

8)
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Good on you for letting those walk. 60yrds, IMO, it too far for bow. Sure the arrow will kill, but the speed of the arrow is the issue, as I'm sure you are well aware.

I am also a big-time bow hunter. I picked up a lonewolfe climber (sit-n-climb) and it's the best hunting tool I ever bought. Gives you total freedom to walk anywhere and hunt anywhere...

Best of luck!