Looking for ducks- cleaning geese

ralphie
Participant
Participant

Looking for ducks- cleaning geese

Post by ralphie »

Buddy and I went for a brief duck hunt after work on Friday. He grew up hunting this creek and is usually good for ducks.
We wanted ducks I convinced him to bring a few geese dekes-in case-he brought 3 floaters with the dozen duck dekes
All to say- we only saw a few very high flying ducks- but we had lots of geese looking for the flock , that was not there but our calls sounded like a big flock- circled them a few times and drew several flocks in range, we took 7. Lots of geese south of the city - so much water they are in the creeks and flooded fields and not moving off to the big rivers.
I never thought we would prefer ducks over geese- but the group now almost arm wrestle to take ducks home- a bunch of geese is harder to convince them to take after a few sucessful hunts.
Get out if you can- lots birds, trees are changing to the fall colours.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Good stuff Ralph - we were also out yesterday morning. A bit muddy from all the rain, but lots of birds in the air!! :D
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

yes only ducks!!

Post by tinman454 »

I agree ducks are way better than the sky-rats lots more fun to shoot also cheers terry
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

I like to eat them all!

But honestly if I can take a pair of geese or a pair of ducks, there is no question I'll take the geese - more meat!!!

Doug