30-06 Pump

cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

30-06 Pump

Post by cgates »

Just got my self a new 30-06 7600 from Remington now I just need to see some deer this fall to test it out :lol: :lol: other than on targets also put on a peep site. Any one ever site one in any tips :?:
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

That's a great deer / moose gun.

Sorry - no advice on sighting in other than to say I prefer open sights or a low power scope, I personally don't like peep sights. Just my pref... :)
chappee77
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chappee77 »

my advice, put a scope on it.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 30-06 Pump

Post by Doug »

cgates wrote:Just got my self a new 30-06 7600 from Remington now I just need to see some deer this fall to test it out :lol: :lol: other than on targets also put on a peep site. Any one ever site one in any tips :?:
Many times.

Fabulous deer rig!

Start at 50, or if you are not on paper, start at 25 and walk it back from there. Depending on the sight, you most certainly SHOULD have windage and elevation adjustments on the sight itself.

A peep (receiver) sight is one of the fastest to acquire and shoot a moving target, and lots of guys use them when they are "dogging" for deer. You should easily be able to do three shot groups into three inches, off-hand, at a hundred yards. And that, my friend, is a very dead deer.

Good choice!

Doug
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

I got the sites from gun co Jason bore sited it so it should be pretty close I think
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

cgates wrote:I got the sites from gun co Jason bore sited it so it should be pretty close I think
He is one of the best in the business so I expect your assessment is correct. Try to find some targets that have about a four inch black bull with a one inch black bull in the centre of it (ie the ten ring). Or buy some of those fluorescent target centres. The circle inside a circle is the best set up for sighting in a peep sight because the eye very naturally lines up concentric circles.

Doug
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

Cool thanks the gun looks good can't wait to try it out this weekend