Goose Calls

JCox
Participant
Participant

Goose Calls

Post by JCox »

Which goose calls are you lads using this season? Im looking to pick up a decent call for my first goose hunt coming up in two weeks.

- Jordon
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Mostly clucks and a few hails, then feeding growls when they're directly overhead to seal the deal.
Just kidding... :lol:

Call brands - I have a few - Haydels, Primos Flute but my favourite by far is a Bill Saunders Heavy.
Beeracuda
Participant
Participant

Post by Beeracuda »

I've tried a few and finally spent the money and got a Foils Straight Meat call. Well, mine is actually a showtime competition call but it's not needed. Best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned. Get the dvd and you'll be set.
Best of luck!
JCox
Participant
Participant

Post by JCox »

Thanks guys for the tips!!
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

zink power cluckers is good and cheap too 20$ at cableas web site, good right out of the package

Chen K
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TheFishstick »

I love my GK Canuck. If you have a chance you should check out St Lawrence Outfitters. They carry a wide range of calls. Its always a good idea to blow a few calls and see what suits your style. I tend to prefer a reed that is harder to brake over since i push a lot of air through my calls and would otherwise lock the reed on calls tun ed lighter.