Would you change your plans?

fish and hunt
Participant
Participant

Would you change your plans?

Post by fish and hunt »

Ive been bowhunting for a month now and have had opportunities all 4 weekends. This weekend I finally had one cross my path that was worthy of an arrow. Unfortunately I misjudged the distance and shot under it. I pulled the memory card from my camera and now I dont know if I should continue my plans for a gun hunt or keep hunting in the bow only area. What would you do?

This buck went by my stand on a day that i decided to hunt a different stand. Mistake.

A little young looking, but I wouldn't think twice.

Definately over the hill, but what a monster.

This buck went by with another buck that i just caught the back end of on the camera. I was in the previously mentioned other stand this night too, but both bucks came by that stand. I missed the eight point. He was not quite as big as the first three pictures, but a nice deer.

I hope you guys can zoom in, first is a beauty 8 point second is a 10, third is an 8, and the last one is a 6.
Fish and Hunt
tombiosis
Participant
Participant

Post by tombiosis »

I'd keep bowhunting!
Nice bucks...and with the bow only area, the pumpkin army will likely send more that way...I'd try rattling before those bucks lock down with does!
good luck!
T
hook&shoot
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hook&shoot »

Groceries or trophies hmmmmm.
fish and hunt
Participant
Participant

Post by fish and hunt »

Rattled saturday and sunday. Saturday was the night i missed the one, but didn't come into the rattling. Went with the bow tonight, just does and fawns and a spike horn. with school and the hunt camp for the weekend, dont know if i'll get a chance to hunt those bucks until next week.
Fish and Hunt
Nuks
Participant
Participant

Post by Nuks »

Nice camera work Bud. Goodluck with the ten point.

Note: Hey less sleeping more hunting. :wink:
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Ahhhh......decisions decisions.....what a quandry to be in.

Do you want the hunt to continue, or do you want the buck now? Do you have more than one tag? Do you want the meat or the rack? Will he yard-up there later on? Will he drop or disappear in the gun hunt? The answer, my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.

If you don't take him soon, he'll be with does for a couple of weeks. Not locked on yet. I'd go for the steaks and sausage myself.

Maple
fish and hunt
Participant
Participant

Post by fish and hunt »

Note: Hey less sleeping more hunting.
You and your sister both snore while you hunt haha.

Got meat in the freezer. Waiting for a big one for a while. Hopefully this is the week[/quote]
Fish and Hunt
mont0073
Participant
Participant

Post by mont0073 »

forget that other stand...