Seriously!!!!!!!

Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Seriously!!!!!!!

Post by Mr Twister »

I was out this morning Goose hunting as there is a long dirt farm road (dead end) and I am set up fine as I hear some voices and see some people with there dogs approching as I wave my arm to indictate that I am hunting but they continue to walk in my direction and now the dogs are in my Geese and walking around all my decoys where blood I guess was keeping them there!
They were finding this funny and were taking photo`s of the dogs and decoys!!!!!!!
They were clueless as I shook my head and figured to keep my comments to a zero as no good could come from this :shock:
Time to leave anyway...............
Seriously

Pauly
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Frustrating as heck, leaving was the right thing to do.
Hope I don't experience any of that this coming week while Muzzleloading...
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Seriously!!!!!!!

Post by Bass Addict »

Mr Twister wrote: They were taking photo`s of the decoys!!!!!!!....
Seriously

Pauly

Birders have rights to you know.. :wink:
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

my hat's off to you. from what I hear the prep time is long and then to have an episode like that! I hope that your next outing will be more fruitfull.
Paul
Life goes on
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Although interfering with hunting is illegal, you took the correct approach. You're right. Nothing good would have come from creating a scene.

Maple
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Wrong!!

Post by tinman454 »

Why not speak up you could have told them to control there dog as you dont want to accedently shoot one. Dont fold if people screw up your hunt you can be polite and still get your point across all you did by doing nothing is cause your self more problems next time. I can hear them now next time your out {oh! he wont mind us walking the dogs when hes hunting lol lol } Always stress how un safe it is with un trained dogs around guns (what if the dog jumped on you and discharged the gun in your foot things like this happen ) IF YOU ARE HUNTING AND ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG STAND UP TO THESE PEOPLE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE SAFTY!! TELL THEM SO, SAFFETY TRUMPS DOGS AND ALL IDIOTS!!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Good call ! You never know theres some pretty crazy poeple out there. Argument + Guns = Nothing good ! :?
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Way to be a pro! That could have gone down so many wrong ways, but you are a champion in my books.

Pretty unbelievable that they were taking photos... I assume they didn't see you?
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

Oh yes they did as I sat up from my lay out blind and shook my head in disbelief......... :roll:

Trust me I was biting my lip but did not want to make enimies as who know they could have been related to the farmer!

Many other fields to hunt from anyway.......just not worth it and thanks for your approval with my actions :wink:

Pauly
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

That's too bad. My actions would have been dictated by their actions and if they thought it was a big joke and continued to snap pictures while grinning, I'd have personally called a CO and had charges pressed against them. Hunters have the deck stacked against them with public perception and when you're out there doing things right, you dont deserve that.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Markus wrote:That's too bad. My actions would have been dictated by their actions and if they thought it was a big joke and continued to snap pictures while grinning, I'd have personally called a CO and had charges pressed against them. Hunters have the deck stacked against them with public perception and when you're out there doing things right, you dont deserve that.
But if they were family of the farmer then you would be trumped by other laws I think....You did the right thing Pauly except maybe I would have warned them about the covered land mines you use for the ones that land further away in the field. :lol:
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL