Why and what are people hunting out here?

bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Why and what are people hunting out here?

Post by bradford2 »

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... -barrhaven

And there you have it. Now they are suggesting it was a round fired from a hunting rifle on land where hunting is legal. For now.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

bradford2 wrote:http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... -barrhaven

And there you have it. Now they are suggesting it was a round fired from a hunting rifle on land where hunting is legal. For now.
Well, then the city has been very delinquent in their handling of the no discharge zones. That map I posted the link to shows those zones as north of the Jock River only, meanwhile subdivisions have been being built south of the river for some time now. Shame on them. You would have thought by now that residents in that neighborhood would have called the city by now about gunshots. People nowadays are so quick to complain about the smallest things, not that I'm inferring that a gunshot is minor.

That certainly doesn't absolve the idiot shooter from carelessness by any means. One more thing, that bullet looks jacketed, which means it's definitely not a hunting round. Not someone Coyote hunting. That still leaves me to believe that some yahoo was out there farting around.

Cheers
Last edited by smitty55 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Reading the comments on that last article I would have to agree with some of the theories being tossed around out there. It's highly improbable that a bullet would go through the side of a house and just fall to the floor inside, let alone being in such pristine condition after being shot, specially considering it does seem to have somewhat of a hollow point. Something stinks a bit here I think. Hopefully the police do a thorough investigation.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

I agree 100% Smitty.
If that pic is the bullet that was found, it certainly does not appear to have penetrated anything.