2014 at the Hell Bear

banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2014 at the Hell Bear

Post by banjo »

Fantastic Markus!
I have been testing out smoking some sausages. Fun, but time consuming, and delicious when it works out.

If you find the time... I would love to see some waterfowling shots. Do you get many variety there?
Also, do you get many grouse there? Although not spectacular to showcase in pictures, they probably provide me with some of my most memorable hunts and meals afterward.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Hey Banjo, great to hear from you.

Funny you mention grouse. Grouse are hands down my favorite camp meat treat. I always have my .410 strapped to my back during the fall and it's for nothing else but the grouse! lol We wrap them in foil and cook them right in the woodstove.

On the waterfowl front, we dont have much variety in the fresh water. It's mainly all blacks, with some mallards, greenwing teal and the odd pintail. We hunt salt marshes as well and it's a lot of the same mix with mergies, goldeneye, bluebill and buffies mixed in. We havent explored the sea duck hunting opportunities yet....mainly because we're so busy with big game hunting during the same season.

We try to get to our local duck blinds when we can...usually once or twice every couple of weeks in Oct, Nov and Dec.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Another great Hell Bear post thanks for sharing!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Gregger
Participant
Participant

Post by Gregger »

Awesome to see your daughter enjoying the outdoors and even better to see her success.
I had my daughter in a ground blind this year and with a little luck, she'll want to be there in the future!

Cheers
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm...