Diamond Participant

Make Me Void My Bowels

Post by cprince »

smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Make Me Void My Bowels

Post by smitty55 »

That was wild. I'm no expert, but that didn't seem to me like a restriction in the end of the barrel. More like an old round that didn't fire right and was lodged just past the chamber. Either way, the fault there would be to the shooter for not following basic firearm safety protocol by checking his barrel. Glad no one was hurt. That's an expensive lesson.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

smitty55 wrote:That was wild. I'm no expert, but that didn't seem to me like a restriction in the end of the barrel. More like an old round that didn't fire right and was lodged just past the chamber. Either way, the fault there would be to the shooter for not following basic firearm safety protocol by checking his barrel. Glad no one was hurt. That's an expensive lesson.

Cheers
I'm with you on this Smitty... what is explosive in this whole thing? The gunpowder going off in the firing chamber... right? Unless there was a blockage in the barrel enough to have the bullet compress the air to the point of splitting the barrel?

No clue.

There should be a bunch of people on this site smarter than us Smitty to explain it all!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

cprince wrote:There should be a bunch of people on this site smarter than us Smitty to explain it all!

You called ?

Staged to say the least ! : :roll:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Read through the comments on the video. Apparently it was an arbor left in the bore. Whoops.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

bradford2 wrote:Read through the comments on the video. Apparently it was an arbor left in the bore. Whoops.
What is an arbor and how does it get in there?

Craig
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

It's used for bore sighting a scope on a gun. You attach it to the end of your gun, look through the scope and dial it in.
Being as these guys were hunting, I'm guessing in this case it was used to make sure the scope was still on target after arriving at their destination.

I gotta say, I'd wager a guess that most people don't check for obstructions every time they load their gun, but it certainly looks like it would be a good idea :lol:
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Obstruction at the end of the barrel... scary sh!t for sure.

This was my buddy's 1100 barrel, one shot after a squib load... (from a few years ago)
After the barrel (and underwear) were replaced, good to go again. :D