Seeking shotgun advice

Ramblinman
Participant
Participant

Re: Seeking shotgun advice

Post by Ramblinman »

Mossberg is not a bad option for a multi barrel combo in the same class, the 835 is backbored, so it patterns better with mag loads this is important. Quality is always a good investment , Benelli s are very well made, you need to consider them for the long run if you are thinking that way. I had been to Remington in Ilion NY years ago and own both stock and custom guns from them, they have given me good service , at that time the engineered life was 100,000 rounds! I don't know if the same manufacturing standards are the same today.
You can do a lot with a single barrel multi choke arrangement.

Hope this helps
Never Surrender
qcconnection
Participant
Participant

Post by qcconnection »

I`d love a Benelli. Only thing holding me back is the cost of an extra barrel. I checked a couple of years ago and they were running in the 400$ range. For that price, I was better off spending a couple hundred bucks extra and getting a combo gun.

However, there`s a strong chance that a new Benelli or Versamax will be finding it`s way into my cabinet next year... :D :D :D
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

new guns1.jpg
new guns1.jpg (136.79 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
]I picked up my ATA Etro today...was mistaken on the chokes...it comes with 3...the semi version comes with 5. The semi feels very nice as well and is about the same price as a pump Benelli but I stuck with my original choice as I was able to get it for me and a Savage .308 package for my daughter for the list price of a Benelli Super Nova. I won't know the durability for awhile yet but I know it already feels like twice the gun my Mossberg was. My daughter will be home from school for thanksgiving so I am sure I can provide more feedback after the holidays if anyone is interested...if not I probably don't have much more to add to this thread lol.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

@badass.... For sure post an update, but maybe create a new thread. It is always nice to hear first hand reviews of new guns.
A friend bought a Savage in .223, came with the scope. Gun works flawless and took about 2 shots to get zeroed. Well worth the sub 500 price tag.
Two-Feather
Participant
Participant

Post by Two-Feather »

Whats the name of the store in Renfrew< i may go check them out as I'm in the market for a new shotgun also,

Thanks