GPS topo mapping

banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

GPS topo mapping

Post by banjo »

I was wondering if people had recommendations on GPS mapping software. Mainly for use trail riding and hunting.
I have a Garmin and I see that there is the Topo maps available on both DVD and SDcard. I also see that there is a Backroads Mapbook Topo for Ontario available as well in those formats. It looks to get down to better detail, but I was wondering if it was cluttered with too much info. I am just looking for experience information on either product.
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: GPS topo mapping

Post by C5 »

I have use the Back Roads map on my Garmin Montana 650.. it works great and has great detail of logging roads, trails etc... I would recommend the software. You can pay to update annually.. I generally only do it every other year.
I also downloaded and use the Grmin Inland Lakes maps.. but they are discontinued... there were several smaller lakes that I fish here in eastern Ontario and in the north that are not covered by Navionics.. Garmin must have a replacement to that product, worth looking for.. very cool when you can pull out bathymetrics on those smaller lakes
good luck!
Ron