Post by cgates »

Hope Canada makes changes to its hunting laws and allows this
http://www.crosman.com/airbow
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: This is the next big thing

Post by smitty55 »

Yea that's a pretty neat rig. It certainly has the ability to take down anything in Canada but I have my doubts as to how it will be legislated and classified for hunting. It may shoot a bolt or arrow but without a string and limbs I can't see it classified as a bow. An airgun would be more fitting regardless of the projectile and being under 500 fps no FAC would be required. But then it wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for big game hunting. However, seeing that is already legal in certain states for some game we can only hope that it makes it's way north eventually. Certainly would be a boon for those without the physical capabilities to load and fire a bow.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I find all new things / technology pretty cool, but I don't see the purpose or advantage of these.

They didn't fix a problem / build a better mouse trap... 2" groups at 50 yds isn't very impressive. I won't shoot my Excalibur crossbow at the same spot on a target at 50 yds, cause my groups are 1"

this isn't archery, so not sure why they compare it to a crossbow. It's an air gun.

i don't think it will be the next big thing, but that's just me.
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

I wonder if Darryl from The Walking Dead would use it :lol:
Looks pretty cool though