Hunting the Marlborough or LaRose Forests

Panfisher
Participant
Participant

Hunting the Marlborough or LaRose Forests

Post by Panfisher »

G'day,

I'm looking for places to deer hunt. I was wondering what opinions were of the Marlborough or LaRose forests?
Are they overrun with too many humans for a creditable chance at bringing home a deer?
I have hunted WMU 66B in Kemptville. How does it compare to the the forests?

Thanks for your help.
Lakerchaser
Participant
Participant

Re: Hunting the Marlborough or LaRose Forests

Post by Lakerchaser »

I've hunted the Marlboro but only for rabbits outside of the deer gun season. I've never seen a bowhunter there after the gun hunt however I have seen a few treestands hidden back in the bush. All the hunters I've met in the Marlboro have been friendly but that is fellow rabbit hunters. I've heard some people get protective of "thier spot" during deer season but I have never actually met a deer hunter there. I sort of feel like I would rather not rummage around through public bush while people are rifle hunting. I would try an afternoon hunt because should you run into other hunters you can find a new spot in daylight hours instead of the sun coming up and you find yourself hunting the same spot as someone else.
Panfisher
Participant
Participant

Re: Hunting the Marlborough or LaRose Forests

Post by Panfisher »

Lakerchaser wrote:I've hunted the Marlboro but only for rabbits outside of the deer gun season. I've never seen a bowhunter there after the gun hunt however I have seen a few treestands hidden back in the bush. All the hunters I've met in the Marlboro have been friendly but that is fellow rabbit hunters. I've heard some people get protective of "thier spot" during deer season but I have never actually met a deer hunter there. I sort of feel like I would rather not rummage around through public bush while people are rifle hunting. I would try an afternoon hunt because should you run into other hunters you can find a new spot in daylight hours instead of the sun coming up and you find yourself hunting the same spot as someone else.
Thanks, Lakechaser. That's helpful.