Rideau river waterfowl hunting

Moe rab
Participant
Participant

Rideau river waterfowl hunting

Post by Moe rab »

Hey folks , new to this group and new to hunting.

I have been doing research up and down, scouting crown lands and conservative land to get a decent hunt, so far i have been out of luck, still learning how and where to go hunt ducks and geese, so far i have found a spot or 2 but very long drive out of the city which is where i live in Barrhaven Ottawa.

I found out that its permitted to hunt on the Mississippi by Carlton Place or Appelton, not sure exact where, and also found its permitted to hunt on Rideau River south off the 416 underpath highway.

I always get nervous going to spots im unaware to hunt at im just looking for a bit of help, any help i would really appriciate , if theres anything near by the city how can i find, I am also aware hunters ask farmers permission to hunt on private land , which i do not have the courage to knock on doors and ask permission, i over think things just incase farmers had bad experiences in the past with hunters i dont want them getting angry at me knocking on their doors lol.

Im fully licensed, permit with a stamp, i also have a canoe i recently started to learn how to use, the only missing thing is find locations lol, i thank anybody that can give me some help!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Rideau river waterfowl hunting

Post by smitty55 »

Above all first check the local regs before anything. Then look for feeding bays and shallow waters for all the dabblers. Back in the day some buds had a blind up past Pirate Cove in that shallow area before the Kemptville creek. Who knows if that's legal anymore.
Smitty

Straight shooter