Getting into kayak fishing!

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Getting into kayak fishing!

Post by TheFishstick »

Hey guys,

So I finally pulled the trigger on a Hobie Pro Angler from Jenda. Bought the last one they had in stock. I've been eyeing them since they first came out in 2009. Just couldn't resist anymore! Bought a pickup truck over the winter so transporing it is no longer an issue for me (I used to drive a sunfire lol). Can't wait to get out there now. I'll be picking it up shortly. Figure I'll get out there for some spring panfishing on the rideau or some channel cats on the ottawa for its maiden voyage. Can't wait for the summer now. I keep thinking of all the diffrent places I'll be able to access with a kayak!

Anyone been out kayak fishing yet this year? Hopefully be able to meet up with a few other kayak angerls for some fishing outtings this year.

-Eric
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

wow nice purchase bud...you got the most stabile kayak around.

ya i got out 5 time now..but this weekend and past were pretty wet so not out...next weekend..laker in yak fosr sher.

you,r the 4th guy i no that as one now localy. not a ton off those around.

hope to see you on water bud. :wink:

cong again on that yak.

and will pm you bud for some cat or other species outing.

you got your qc permit.?

joco.,this is great we see more and more people get into a paddling fishing kayak or canoes...got to love this. 8)
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

I've been out only to test the turbo fins and sailing rudder... hope to get out tomorrow though for a fish.

Make sure Jason throws you the new drum for the steering on your PA. You'll turn alot sharper with it :D

Don
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TheFishstick »

Kayak is home! Went and picked it up from Jenda last night. Can't wait to get it out on the water now. I'm hoping to get out on saturday. Either go chase channel cats on the South Nation or go chase panfish on the Rideau.

Don:

Thanks for the heads up about the steering drum. I asked Jason about it and since its a 2010 boat is apparently came installed straight from Hobie.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

mabe will see you on water.

one more thing chek out for the trolly ..some dont take the weight side ways.and weels sometime brakes..

but the kayak itself is one major great yak..super stabile platform.

you will love it.

joco