kayak fishing

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
sayonaraa
Participant
Participant

kayak fishing

Post by sayonaraa »

Inflatable raft/kayak/canoe for fishing. What is the best choice? I am looking for an inflatable kayak/canoe/raft to use for fishing local rivers and lakes. I don't have enough space for a hardshell, so I've been looking for inflatable dinghy type boats, but one that is elongated so I can paddle alone or with someone. Also, I want hard seats to sit on. I found a Saturn prototype on ebay, but have been unable to find a similar model.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi you got a pm.

joco
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: kayak fishing

Post by rex.stpierre »

I bought an intex seahawk 4 plus 30lb trolling motor plus battery plus mount for under 350$ brand new...if you fish with you gf and you don't mind blowing it up for 30 mins everytime its nice and comfortable...

My buddy has the fish hunter 6 person inflatable...if you check on kijiji, you can get that for 200$ used once or twice per summer...but its 500$ bran new....his boat is a bit bulkier and tougher looking but there is less room in it... again, very comfy but a pain to blow up...

It all fits in the trunk of your car and if you check youtube, there are tons of mods and reviews for them...

this year, I bought a pelican fishing kayak for 350$(great deal new) a 40$ paddle and a 80$ cart....then a 70$ j rack....the kayak is a lot if money and trouble to equip but once an go anywhere any time in minutes....If I have two hours, I can drive 15 mins, fish for1.5 hours and drive back home...you get use to paddling and you get use to handling the heavy yak.....and the kayak does not pop....its tough as nails...but not as comfy and inflatable....I have both and im happy I have both....

I font know what you plan on doing but I have had some weeks where I took the kayak out 5 times....I would never buy a zodiac or inflatable yak, the prices are too high and they kind of go against the easy transportation....if I buy something else, it will be a 17 foot lund fishing boat!!!

if you have any questions, go ahead....by the way, I have caught tons of fish from both, casting, trolling, buttom bouncing....
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.