Sportspal Mod Advice

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sportspal Mod Advice

Post by lape0019 »

That seriously looks great Tia.

Good work!
Alex
Participant
Participant

Post by Alex »

Your sportspal looks great, professional job. It's satisfying when you can do your own mods and enjoy them, it's as fun as using the boat. I fixed up my old 14 ft aluminum with a new transom etc and used flat grey Tremclad on the inside, it's holding up well. I can get over to Shirley's bay from Aylmer on with the Sportspal calm days, we can meet up there once you're setup with a trolling motor.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Alex wrote:Your sportspal looks great, professional job. It's satisfying when you can do your own mods and enjoy them, it's as fun as using the boat. I fixed up my old 14 ft aluminum with a new transom etc and used flat grey Tremclad on the inside, it's holding up well. I can get over to Shirley's bay from Aylmer on with the Sportspal calm days, we can meet up there once you're setup with a trolling motor.
Sweet! I Pm'd you back. Going to buy a new trolling motor tonite then my buddy will help me outfit it so that I can put the battery at the front and I'll be gtg! (since I sit in the back I don't dare put it back there too. I'd be under water!)

DrkStar too. You were a huge help!

Thanks for all your help on the thread. It was invaluable. And I hope if some person is hunting down info like I was for this project, it will help them too :)
lape0019 wrote:That seriously looks great Tia.

Good work!

Thanks Adam :)
Fishooz
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishooz »

Nice work! Are there any new updates you've done for this mod?
Lillian23
Participant
Participant

Post by Lillian23 »

Guys, let me know what is, in your opinion, a perfect canoe? I'm looking for a family canoe, to spend a quiet weekend. We want to make a tradition and explore Minnesotas' rivers and lakes on a comfortable canoe. I was thinking of a sun dolphin mackinaw. It looks pretty nice, comfortable, and enough storage place. I have read a lot of articles, including https://outdoorlifecafe.com/, and it seems like it's mine. So, the first of our destinations will be Ruttger's Bay Lake Lodge. Many sports activities for our kids and time for us on canoe.