Silent Lake Provincial Park August 2018

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
spyman48
Participant
Participant

Silent Lake Provincial Park August 2018

Post by spyman48 »

Had the pleasure of camping and fishing with Don and Steve at one of the most beautiful Ontario parks we have. Steve, Colleen and I arrived on Wednesday, and Don got there Friday. We also met up with Scott on the water Saturday and exchanged stories over the campfire and a few drinks that night. I think Don may have met his match for story telling, as Scott has many. :D

Fishing at this park was fantastic! Many bass both largemouth and smallmouth caught in the 16 to 18in range with Scott taking top honors for the largest a whopping 22in largie! Don came in a respectable second with a 19in largie. Steve wasn't measuring, but I know he got some big ones as well. I was the king of the lake trout, catching 2 on Thursday, one on Friday and 4 on Saturday as well as getting a number of good sized bass.

This truly was an amazing trip that we've all agreed to do next year.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alex
Participant
Participant

Re: Silent Lake Provincial Park August 2018

Post by Alex »

Thanks for this info about Silent Lake and the great pictures. Bought a mini tent trailer this summer and looking for new places to enjoy it. With fishing, swimming, hiking and biking all in a beautiful setting it's definitely on the list. Our usual destination is Bon Echo. I snorkel around at various locations and see tons of bass fingerlings, perch, log perch, and sometimes bigger bass at drop offs where the light starts to fade.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Silent Lake Provincial Park August 2018

Post by Walker »

Nice scenery and quite the catch of fish . Looks like you had fun.
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark