Charleston Lake Adventure Weekend Report....

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Shrimp wrote:We forgot to talk about our fish. Fishhawk said the kids could talk about the fish they caught. He forgot to do that.
Sorry about that shrimp. Clearly we should have done the kid fish talk, then the fish pinata and then the disco. Right after the fish pinata the momentum of the evening got carried over to the fire and the guitar playing and there seemed to be no tunring back. If I had the time back I think around the campfire would have been a good place to do the kid fish-talk.

Can you tell us about your fish report right here? I'm sure a lot of people would love to read it!
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Charleston

Post by Legend »

:) I'm more of a twist guy myself but I'll talk a little about Charleston.

This one certainly turned out better than I expected. It's fair to say that most of us were more interested in the family thing than to lay a beating on the fish population, but my bride and I had a great time all the same.

We arrived Friday and set up camp near (Beer-in-hand) Mr. J and family and ScumKing and his family. Later we were joined by our new neighbours Topwater's family and Big-O's family. What a blast! Great people even if their hockey loyalties are misguided. :lol: (This just in... The Leafs are officially "Gods Team.)

The fishing was fun, here's Jackie with a Charleston Rockie. (Her first fish ever! :P )

and Charleston proved to be a challenge with shear drop off's that would rival the Marianas Trench. Here I'm down rigging for Lakers in over 140' of water. Notice how close I am to shore?

Later, after the campfire the fish Hawk Gremlins came out to play.

Here's a picture of the Battleship taken at Westmeath in the proper trailering position.

and here's what happens when you get the best nights' sleep in over a year.

As you can see, the miscreants represented in this photo opportunity all have smiles on their faces lead by their ringleader and the brains of the outfit "Shrimp" :) (Mental note: Locks and sirens for the next adventure weekend :lol: )

Anyways, what a fun weekend. It was great to see the old faces again as well as to meet some of the new ones like Paya, Tinbanger, Pikeie, Musky Mike, The Chans, Muskywannabe

Way to go RJ for putting this one together and to all who made it a lot of family fun!

:) Legend
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Sorry for the delay in posting...but I have been trying to catch up on my sleep and work is very busy.

Had a great time on the Charleston Lake weekend with my Family, My wife and 3 year old son had a blast fishing and camping with all of the fish-hawk gang.

On Saturday while trolling the big waters just outside the boat launch in the park I got to see my 3 year old land 2 nice lakers. His personal best was a 24 incher which took some time to reel into the boat. At one point he stop'd reeling and said it was to big so he needed a drink of juice from the cooler...but Mom and I cheered him on and he managed to reel in the laker.

A special thanks to RJ, Mike and Nancy for a great weekend and time...we are looking forward to Long Point in a few weeks. Hopefully Gethyn can get his first rainbow and walleye :D :D

Cheers' and keep your family fishing...

EyeTracker Crew
(Sheldon, Gethyn and Jeela)
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Pickerel Boy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Boy »

Nice fish and a nice report.

Looked like it was a great time.
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

Sorry for late post - we just got back from our vacation.

My family had a great weekend camping and fishing (thanks Saskie's family for being so generous and offering ride with you) .

It was nice to meet you great people !

thanks to everyone who was involved in organizing such a great event ..

paya
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

I too have just gotten back from vacation, and since I only get access here at work, this is my first available time to post.

Marshall, my youngest boy, and I had a great time, and I think we did more fishing than most, with all the family time I see in these pictures.

We left home Thursday night at 11pm, stopped in Port Hope at 3am for a quick nap, and then arrived at Charleston at 10:30am or so.

We were the second ones to set up tent, just down from RJ, then went FISHIN.

We tried bottom bouncers with no luck and some great tangles :roll: , those turn arounds are murder.

Back in for a quick lunch/dinner, say Hi to a few new comers, and a few more tents, and right back out. I do not remeber having any luck with fish boated on the Friiday. (Two weeks ago is sooo long ago :? )

With some pointers from Big O and Topwater, Marshall and I were ready to start fresh Saturday morning. With no down riggers and the bottom bouncing not getting deep enough we decided to JIG!

RJ told us we would have a tough go on the jig.

Well we found a nice spot of 40 - 50ft of water and anchor/drifted, using small spoons and ice fishing jigs... and caught our first laker 12", which did not make it, (this little fella was a stocked fish) so we had a great shore lunch.

Thanks Mike for the opprotunity to go tubing with you and Scum King's daughter, this was one of the selling points to get Marshall to come and he had a great time.

The evening fish, we decided to go after Pike and Bass, with some tips from Muskie Magnet, and leave the Lakers alone until the Sunday morning fish.

We drifted again, along a weed patch, no luck for Pike, got caught in the rain with RJ and the rest, weathered the storm, and headed to the creek/bay for an evening top water fish for Bass.

We had a blast there with several explosions on our topwaters, and one real nice 17" Largie boated. This is a PB for me. (pic to come tomorrow)

Ok, just got picture off loaded...(note to self...need to teach Marshall how to take PB pictures!!!)

The evening Saturday night was great, Marhall loves a Pinata...and only broke off the string once...there were a few others that also were able to do this feat!

Sunday morning we were off again for lakers, and at the second point that MM shared we were able to jig up a 20" laker, once I hooked I gave the rod to Marshall to reel in. This is his first Laker, and all he can talk about now. (natural, and went back, realeased boat side)

One the way back in at noon, to call it a weekend Marshall tried his hand a a baitcaster and the topwater. He brought in several small pan fish, and a nice 11" Smallie.

Thanks FH, RJ for the great weekend, and we will see everyone at Long Point, both boys should be joining me for this one. 8)
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Bump

Sorry, just added pic and wanted to show off my PB Largie...

Will not win the Idol contest with this one... :?
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not even sure that guy is actually you...afterall, he's holding a fish. :twisted: :lol:
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

:lol: :lol: Markus, you are so predictable...

I was laughin before I even looked.

Someday, Ill get a replacement for my avatar. :wink: