"Cruisin' Bronte, .....May 5th

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

"Cruisin' Bronte, .....May 5th

Post by skooter »

:D :D

I guess you could call this, ...making hay while the sun shines, ....hadn't heard from anyone all week, ...so the fishing prospects for the weekend looked rather dismal.... :cry:

Joe had an open spot for today, ....and I managed to persuade him and Squig to give Bronte another try... 8)

Original plan was to meet at the launch at one, .....I left around 12:15, ....it took a half an hour to drive the first 50 miles, ....and a half an hour to drive the last 2 miles, .......ya know, ....transport trucks, ......really suck.... :twisted:

Luckily they were a "little" behind as well, ...or said they were anyways....

The boat's afloat and we're ready to shove off.....

We head to the usual stomping grounds and set up shop, ....water temp was 51 degrees..... :wink:

I go with the green again on one side, ......except the dipsey, cause Joe was putting all green on the other side too.... went with a J13 silver black, ....it didn't matter, .....cause we marked nothing, .....and caught nothing, .....all along there :?

Decision time, ...keep shallow and head around past the harbour, ....or try deeper.... :shock:

From reports I heard, ...we decided to try deeper, ....I was still reluctant to give up on the green, ...so I changed the dipsey to a blue Xrap.... :wink:

As we got deeper, ....just dropped the balls and let more line out on the dipsey's ....We were in about 60ft. and I had just finished letting the dipsey out some more, ....when the line starts screaming, .....Since I'm right there, ....I grab it, :D

Ya know, ....fishing in other people's boats is neat, ....you get to play more fish.... :lol:

She put up a pretty good battle, ....but squigy got to be my netman for a change...

We retraced our steps but didn't hook into anything else, ....we decided to keep going out to 100ft or so and see what happens, :roll:

....Nothing, :cry:

However, .....decide it's no worse than shallow, ....so we stay at that depth and head back up towards the pier..... 8)

We're chatting away when the other dipsey goes, .....Joe grabs this one and the fight is on... :D

Three days later, ...or so it seemed.... :lol:

We really weren't marking nothing out there, .....but we keep going, ......same dipsey fires again and it's squig's turn....

Another nice fish in the boat

After tweaking the presentation a little bit........

Bingo..... my second today.....

We're still not marking squat down there, ....but the proof is in the pudding, ...so to speak.... :wink:

Another hit, ....We lost it on the hand off unfortunately, .....damn!!!!!

4 for 5 so far, .....I hate losing fish..... :cry:

We're set up again, the rigger fires, :shock: ....I grab it, ...make sure she's hooked and then give it to squigy, .....This was a nice fish, ....we ended up clearing just about everything to get this puppy in, ....I had trouble lifting it into the boat....

This fish would have been a great derby fish for last weekend, .....30 lb. anyways, ....33 by Joe's scale, ...but he said it weighs a little high

We had just about everything in now, ....so decided to call it a day, ...afternoon, ....evening, ...whatever.... :lol: :wink:

Back at the launch, ...we loaded and tied down the boat, ...then relaxed for a bit...... :D

So we ended up 5 for 6, ...I finally caught a fish out of Joe's boat, ....Squigy gets his PB king,( ....I'm gonna start charging him I think, ...everytime we go out, ...he gets a "first" something... :roll: ) :lol:

Thanks for the invite Joe, .....It was a fun way to spend a friday, ....from the insults, ....to the high fives, ....a couple of great guys to head out with..... :wink:

skooter .......
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Bet ur glad you moved to deeper water eh' skoot 8) Great report and pics as always! :P :wink:
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Congrats. Looks like Lake O is off to a great start for the season.
sportfish_dom
Participant
Participant

Post by sportfish_dom »

Great report Skooter!
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D We may have to change your nickname to salmonskoot or skootmon the way your into the salmon this year. :lol:
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Nice going gentleman. Keep em comin.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"