Bronte ....last saturday

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Bronte ....last saturday

Post by skooter »

:D :D

I knew it was going to be a perfect morning for a fish, ....I knew because I was supposed to work, and at the last moment, ....got a repreive...... :shock:

Them weather Gods, can't just flick a switch and make it howl and snow, ....like they can when they have time to prepare.... :x

I had to get out, ......RBR called and offered an invite, .....it was a short conversation...... :lol:

"Geeze Skoot, ....wish I had room for ya tomorrow......"

"No problem, RB..........R, :idea: .....Do ya want your tile saw back?"

"ya...... :? "

"................How Bad?" :D

" :shock: ...........................I'll pick ya up at 4:30"

"Cool, .......See ya then.........." :lol:

We arrive at Bronte bright and early, ....Skeiners onboard too.....

Prep the boat and head out.....

Man, ......it was gorgeous out there, ..........especially since the last time I saw the water, ....4 ft waves were pounding the snot out of my boat....... :cry:

Snapped a couple of pics of the sunrise....

The traffic was definitely heavier than I've ever seen it this year, .....with more and more boats popping out of the haze as it burnt off..... :roll:

We were in a definite search mode, .....marking diddly, ....and catching even more diddly, .....the lack of chatter on the radio indicated that everyone else was in the same boat, ......

Well, ....not the "same" boat, .....there were Lunds and Legends, ....Starcraft and bayliners, .....Tinnies and ......(okay, ....the "same" boat, ....only different)

A couple of boats had packed up, gone deep, .....200+ ft. of water, ....and were starting to mark and hook fish, ......so we followed suit, ......Skeiner hooked into a shaker that was about as long as the second hand on my watch, ......but it was a start.....

The bite was starting to pick up and we finally got a decent fish in the boat.......

Skeiner followed with a nice laker....

And he followed that up with a twin of the fish I got......

The final fish caught, ....was a smallish coho which is headed for RBR's dinner table tonite.... :D

So, .....We ended up 5 for 6, ....with only a rainbow needed to complete the cycle, .....

RBR had some commitments this aft., .....I wanted a few brownie points, ....as I want another kick at the cat tomorrow, ....so we're off the water by 1:00..... :D

It was great to get back to familiar surroundings again, ....
The weather was perfect .....(maybe tooo perfect), ..... :D

The company was great, ...(nice to hook up again Skeiner), ...... 8)

And thanks for the invite RBR, .....(can I borrow your tile saw, ......again) :lol:

skooter..... :wink:

P.S.

I obviously never made it out sunday, .....ended up trolling for flowers instead, :cry: ....did manage to snag a few though, ....must have been the "bait" mama was using.... :lol: :wink:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Ah, thought I'd check in the GL Forum (where is Skooter, I wondered?) and lo & behold: A report from none other than the man.

Fun trip, fun read, Skooter!

Hope all is well in your world these days.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

That weekend was just too perfect for you NOT to have got out. Your starting to put fish in the boat like someone who knows what they're doing--again well done :D