Bronte .....June 4th

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Bronte .....June 4th

Post by skooter »

:D :D

I really, ....really, ....wanted to see how much grief I did to my boat, ....loading it at Bark Lake.... :roll:

So today was "G" day..... :shock:

Joe and I had already planned to hook up this morning, ....and when my son backed out, ....again, .....Legend answered the call.... :wink:

I had planned to get there a little early and maybe change a couple of rollers while I was waiting, .....Joe was already there so we went ahead, launched the boat, ....and prepped everything up, ......including "Dipping" the net, .....(not that I'm supersticious, ....or however the hell you spell it)

Shane saunters in a half hour later, ....the first words out of his mouth......

"We're going to get some fish today........"

Same thing he said when we went ice fishing, ....(That tears it...... :cry: )

Anyways we head out, ......I knew where I wanted to try, .....and what I wanted to put out.....

I was kinda hoping that some bows had moved in, ....so I dedicated one side shallow, ......... 8)

Of course the other side was green, .....and deeper, ........... :D

Everyone picks a depth and trolls parallel to shore, ....like the four other boats out there, .....I drove straight out to 170 ft, ....swung 'er around and headed for shore..... :shock:

We marked a few fish, ....mostly on the bottom, ....which we assumed were lakers, ....to start anyway, ....made a gradual turn once we hit 100 ft. and headed back out again, ......the first rod fired on the way back out, .......it wasn't that big, .....I don't think, ....cause we never saw it......0 for 1, :cry: .....all I could hear in my head was, ......."We're gonna get some fish today....", ........(I was sincerely praying, ....the net dipping would cancel out the negative karma....)

We had just hit 130 ft of water another rigger fires, ......Joe is all over this one, ......and suprise, ....suprise, ......A nice Bow, .......except it hit the wrong side of the spread, ........... :shock:

Oh well, .......the skunk is off, ....the karma is cancelled, ......yipppppeeeee!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

We do the turn thing again at 170 ft and head back in once more, .......and again at 100 ft.

We were in about 110 ft. this time when the right side stacker fires, .....There was no doubt that this was a bow, .....he was out of the water more than he was in, ....Geeze, ....that was neat, ....... :D

The next cycle, .......my green SD and fly fire, .....definite reel screaming going on :shock: ...........this is a king,

I guess, ...... :shock:
Never got this one to the boat either, :cry: ......it appears the karma thing, ......is at least only haunting the purpetrator...... :lol:

we passed through a scum line on the next cycle and nothing was firing, ......I decided to change up a few things and hauled in a pile of "scum", :shock: ......that was the answer, ......cleared every line one at a time, ....with the same result, ....... :evil:

Except one.......

I wanted to check out these bottom hugging hooks, ....just in case, ....so I dropped one side down deep, ....85ft. at one point, ....if they weren't lakers, ....they weren't hungry either, ......... :roll:

Back to the cycle thing again and shallow once more, .......Joe reels in a monster like mine.....

The next pass the green fly fires again, ....this was a reasonable sized king too, ....but I lost this one.....Damn, .....I hate that..... :twisted:

The lake had settled right down, ....but it was also getting late, ......we had to get Legend a fish, ......finally another rigger fires, ......and Legend reels in his first fish of the day....... :D :D :D

OOPS....... :shock:

Oh well. .....let's just call it square now, ....for that damn ice fishing pic....... :lol: (shaker was about the same size as the other two anyways)

That was it for the day, ......we ended up five for eight, ....and the two best fish, ...never seen the boat, .... :cry:

Hey, .....poopie happens, ...... :roll:

It was a fun day, ....we went out with the half assed intention of trying for bows on the side, ....and we got a couple, .....albeit, ...not exactly the way it was scripted...... :?

This was the first time this year, ....I've actually run my usual six rod spread, .....stacked riggers and dipseys, ....the water was too rough in the morning,.... to try for the sliders, .....afraid of tangle city, .....don't know if they'd have helped anyways..... :roll:

Oh yeah, .....no apparent major leaks, .....the sub troll worked great, .....still love that new fish finder, .....and no problems with my rod set up either...... 8)

On the down side however, ....I'm missing a chunk out of my prop now, .....it must have hit the dock at Bark lake, ....and finally broke free today, .... :(

It always fun to get out with Joe, .....and Legend was an added bonus....... :D :wink:

Final pic, ........

My cooler is really making the rounds this year, .....it is now residing in Stoney Creek, .... :roll: :lol:

I'm no fortune teller, ......But, ....I see some smoked rainbow in my near future...... :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the great day guys...... :wink:

skooter
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

Twould appear the usual cheering section has either all gone fishing or are taking an extended luch break :shock: Anyway----well done, nice fish blah blah blah. There you go!!!
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey scooter!

nice fish cought looks like you guys had fun,love your storys :D

zort
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

On top of the fish as always eh' skoot :lol: