Bronte with the "average" Joe...

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Bronte with the "average" Joe...

Post by skooter »

:D :D

I think I need to get back to work, :shock: ........well, ....maybe shortly.... :lol:

See, .....I was just cleaning out the truck the other day, ......I had just set the new balls I got off of Hoss down in the driveway, :?
.......and I got an "inspiration" :idea: ....sort of.... :roll:

This is the result.......

I'm guessin' that the fish won't actually try to eat 'em, ....but if it "peeks" their interest, :D
....Besides, .....it time that Hoss got some "fancy dressesd balls" anyways :lol:

I was kinda hoping to hook up with the boys at Bronte this morning, ...but Joe was busy, ......so we decided to do the "fashionably late" fish instead..... :D

I took one of the new balls, ..just to see how they would work, ....but more on that later..... :wink:

By the time we finally got things organized, .....We took to the water around 3ish..... 8)

We started setting up in around 90 ft. and it took till about 5:00 before I finally got the full spread out...... :roll:

I had just got both riggers set, ...when one fires, ......a shaker off a homemade hawgwild slider.... 8)

Get that one back down and we got a nice rip off the other slider, ...lost it cause it totally destroyed the split ring, ......so that was out of the mix till I could "borrow" another hook/ring off another lure..... :x

Meanwhile the homemade one fires again, ....another shaker....... 8)

Get that one back down, .....and setting up the other rigger, .......it fires again, .....shaker #3 8)

I'm tempted to leave the damn thing off, just so I can get some lines out, ....but I don't, .....and off it goes again.......

Whoah, :shock: ....this shaker had eaten it's wheaties..... :lol:

Some nice reel peel later, .....first decent fish, .....14# and change

Back down it goes again, .....and I finally get both riggers out, ....minus one slider for the time being....... :D

Just start getting the dipseys ready, ......another shaker on the same spoon..... :roll:

I decide to throw it on the other rigger, .......just to see....... :?

Well, ....it was finally quiet, .....and I managed to get everything out....... :D

I was working on getting the ring/hook off one of my "less productive" spoons (I guess it was anyways, ....don't think it's ever been wet actually) ......for the original slider

The rigger without the slider fires and decent fish #2 comes in..... :o

Approx. 21 lbs........

Now, .....Joe's gettin' pee pee cause all he's gotten is shakers so far, ....so I promise him the next nice hit...... :lol:

Actually, .....I had to beg him to take it...... :wink:

3rd nice fish.....15# plus

Things quieted down for awhile, ....except for the odd shaker off the cut bait dipsey..... :(

We marked some humongous bait balls, .....a couple covering a 40ft. depth.....

Joe was up for the next big hit, ....it came off the rigger again .......he didn't think it was very big, .....till he saw it :shock:

Last big fish landed, ....24+ which just about maxes out the scale....

We hauled in a few more shakers, .....and I lost my first "big buck" terminal rig this year....... :cry:

I had just dropped a rigger back down after a shaker, ....and was about to clip the slider to it, ...... 8)

The rigger released, "Damn!!!.....didn't put it in tight enough," or so I thought .......
except it suddenly started peeling line out, .....made a spur of the moment decision, ....and finished clipping the slider on, ....... :(

I started fighting it and about 5 min. in, .....the tip, .....just came up, .....reeled in an empty line, .....minus the spindoc, ....atomic fly, ....and the damn spoon, ....(which I had driven all over hells half acre to find in the first place.... :twisted:)

We pulled lines around eight, ....basically cause our parking ticket was only good till eight thirty, .....

We still hit a traffic jam at the ramp, .....and weren't out of the water till dark.... :(

Everything fired for us tonite, .......flies, .....meat, ....spoons, ....and off both riggers and dipseys :D

The shakers were all basically clones of this one....

We boated 10 fish out of 14, ......and the evening just flew by..... :D

I think I'll run both new balls the next time I'm out, .....several times, we actually marked streakers following that ball when I dropped it down, ....
Also, ....that's the side that fired before I could get it set, ....and lost my stuff.... :roll:

Great time as always Joe, ....love the laid back attitude and chat when we're out, :D

Oh yeah, ......I'm really, ....really glad, ......those damn flies out there, ....seem to have had a hankering for Polish meat too....... :lol:

Lookin' forward to the next time....... :wink:

skooter
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

Skooter!!!!! GET BACK TO WORK!!!! If I have too everybody should :roll: Shakers are good if you want some nice eaters, you might consider using Oakville as your jumping off place. Two good ramps, not much traffic------and its free---bonus. Gord
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Nice going Scooter

After days like that....work should be a distant memory.

You may want to put a stinger hook on those balls :lol:
When the father in-law did his fishing trips to Nippigon it was not unusual for a big laker to take a smack at a 10lbs ball.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:lol: Skooters catching so many fish now that may just work. Nice paint job. Now is the time to hit the chinook salmon for anyone interested in getting some. Offer Skooter some polish sausage and he may bring you aboard!
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:lol: :lol: You are having way to much fun away from work Skooter! Good going guys!
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

WTG Skooter
that sure was a fun read.
You really had a great day.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Skoot,

Those are excellent fish...now didn't your doctor tell you "NO HEAVY LIFTING" post-op?!:wink:

Ya know I'm happy to see you having a little fun, bro.

Fun report, as always.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Great job and excellent story Skooter. Thanks for sharing.