The Ekwan Pike Report. (30 pics) Big Read.

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Big-Ty
Participant
Participant

Post by Big-Ty »

What can I say... WOW!! Unreal...
Thanks for taking the time to share! Truely awe inspiring!

A trip of a lifetime! One I could only dream of making...
Thanks again for sharing!
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

As many others have said. :shock: :shock: WOW
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Wallyboss wrote:Hey Moose, has the new diamond mine in Attawapiskat changed that community. If it did I hope it was for the best. Hopefully it brought some much needed jobs for the area. My cousin got a position at the mine, she's going to work in one of the offices. My uncle who worked for the Ministry of Labor until he retired 1.5 years ago, was asked by the guy that opened the mine to be a consultant to take care of the Health and Safety of it. So he likes it alot. Being a consultant gives him a lot of free time up there and he is an Avid fisherman and Hunter.

Again your story and pictures made me homesick, sounds like this was a trip to make you forget about Takwata for a while.

Dan aka WB
Dan, the town was bustling. I could tell lots of work happening. New water treatment plant, new Development Corporation, big new subdivision for new houses being built, (and they're actually doing it right by stripping alot more top soil/mud off the surface rather than just build on shifting mud) DeBeers will see alot of truckers (200 they're hiring for the winter) running the roads, and, so I noticed the little hotel in Attawapiskat is up and running again, a new convenience store, new public health building and a new second motel.

Your uncle needs a guide, wants a day out fishing, Joe's learning, but says he'll go for a $100 a day or so plus fuel costs. :wink: He's hoping to do more fishing because he forsees alot of bored mine workers looking for something to do in their down time.

Glad the report was enjoyed all. Ekwan was fun in the making.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

100.00/hr or a big chunk of a diamond.

I'll let him know!!!!!
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Awesome report, fantastic pics, great adventure, memories for a lifetime, Canada's north. PRICELESS.
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

I could picture you going through your tackle box and pulling out different lures....then the inlines...well of course! 8) What a honking brut. You sucked my mind to a far away place. Thanks. :)
...anything to bend the rod
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Thanks Moosebunk. That was a wicked read as usual. Not just an outing - an adventure. Kep 'em coming please.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

'Bunk,

You didn't think I'd overlook such an incredible report, did ya? (Just been crazy busy.)

Thanks for taking what must have been a good chunk of your time to share that amazing experience in such entertaining detail -- and for posting the wonderful photo's. Truly a feast for the eyes.

Now you know I would have loved to see that monster pike returned to the river... but you're right about not passing judgement on these folks who not only live a "world away" from me, but who also have completely different life experiences and a unique culture.

Anyway, great post and I think, seriously, you have a future book in the makings some time -- with your own photography as well as narrative.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.