AN EVENING OF APPRECIATION FOR "BIG" JIM

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Jim looked great last night and he truely is one of the greatest people I have ever had the honour to meet and know. It brought tears to my eyes to see the love and respect everyone has for Jim and his family.

I am proud to have been there last night to honour such a great man and friend. It was the best money ever spent.

Jim we are all pulling for you, you will beat this.

Wally, Paul, Glen and everyone else. Great job.

Best Wishes

JP
Legend Killer
Participant
Participant

Post by Legend Killer »

It was an incredible evening for everybody and the generousity shown by everyone there for a great cause made it that much more special!!!

I was lucky enough to be asked, along with my dad, to Join the table of Honour with Jim, his wife, Wally Robbins & his wife and a few others and it made it that much more enjoyable. To see Jim's face when a story was told, a telegram or email was read, or the video tribute's were watched. He seemed very happy and humbled by the entire evening and was very appreciative of everything that was done.

Good Luck with everything and heres hoping to a full recovery!!'

Michael Cabrelle
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

What a great night! thanks to everyone that attended and to all the organizers. Loads of fun for a fantastic cause
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Well that was a fantastic event.

I personally would like to thank Wally Robins, Mark Fuller, Paul Shibata, all the volunteers for the event, and of course Everyone who attended. It was a fantastic evening which raised over $48,000 for Big Jim.

Thanks to all.
Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

An absolutely fantastic evening and thanks guys for posting these pics, and the great words from all.

Jim looked fantastic, and of course upbeat as always. Some incredible auction items, raffle prizes, and goodies for all. This was night of a WIN for Big Jim and it was my honour to be a part of it.

Thanks again everyone who supported the event in whatever way. I was goining to write a little report of the event, but I think this tells all.

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Glad to see the event went well and 'Big Jim' received the appreciation he deserves. I also need to thanks Jim for paving the way for anglers like myself that want to make a living at fishing professionally, without his hard work and determination pro angling would not be an option locally.

Wish I could have made the event, but I had a previous engagement booked for the same date that could not be rescheduled.

Thanks to everyone that supported and organized this event...

-sheldon
Fishfinder
Participant
Participant

Sorry I missed it

Post by Fishfinder »

I have known Big Jim for a very long time actually before my kids were born and he showed me that you have to live life to the fullest. I was thrilled when I was with big Jim for his first Canadian Classic win at Big Rideau. I would have loved to have been there for his night of appreciation but thing happen when you have kids. I hope i can get out for the next time we hounor this guy that has given so much to our community. Can't wait for Jim to get better and we get to go fishing with him again. He still can teach most of us a thing or 2 about this sport. Talk to you later Big Guy.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I was there as well, what a great night. Hats off to all who helped organize this as it was first class all the way.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Class event for a classy guy. It was a blast! I can empathize with how the evening must have felt for Big Jim...but words simply cannot phrase.

Mercer was flawless as an MC along with comedic releif from Karma's dog! :lol: :lol:

Keep up the strong fight Jim! I was so happy to see you in high spirits, smiles and looking pretty damn good, I must say!

Congrats to Wally and all the other organizers and kind donours.

This one was hit outta the park! :D
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

No way I could ever express what it was like to be able to attend such an event like this so I'll just simply say

Big Jim

We were all there for you and we'll still be here after you win your battle.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Was an awesome night to say the least... :D

I felt honoured to be a part of it, and the memories will definitely stay with me for a long, long time.

Jimmy was the first to publish an article of mine (and put me on the front cover at the same time), and that, not to mention his great friendship, mentoring, and genuine personna, really means something in this day and age.

A BIG thanks to my good friend Wally for putting this all together - you did a stellar job...

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Very nice! Looks like it was a great night!!!! I'm sure the money everyone raised will help him out a bit.

Very touching indeed!!!!

Wishing Jim good health!!!!!!

==Tom==
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

I regret not making this event as I had prior commitments, however, unfortunately, I know all too well what Big Jim is going through, due to the fact that I lost my father 5 years ago this November, during his second round of chemotherapy. I wish Jim all the best and want him to know he's in our prayers and it's great to see the love and support he is receiving in his time of need. Get well soon, Jim.

This sounds like it was a well organized event, and kudos to everyone who was involved, this is GREAT to see.

Thanks also for the pics for those of us not able to attend.

JR
Fishin'Nut
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishin'Nut »

I am glad to see all the support for a great man. God Bless Jim, I will pray for your speedy recovery.