AN EVENING OF APPRECIATION FOR "BIG" JIM

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Wally's delivering mine tommorw ..... glad he still had some.
Bear ....... worlds biggest procrastinator :shock: :shock: :shock:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Birdee and I have our tickets in hand....see ya there folks... :wink:
Last edited by RJ on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

got mine. Thanks Wallie

see u there

JP
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

For those who will be attending, here's a sneak peak at some of the great stuff that will be available for auction.....
  • 7 pairs of 100 level Sens tickets, including games against Montreal, Toronto Maple Leafs, Stars and Flyers
  • Electronics
  • Outdoor clothing
  • Top-quality rods/reels
  • Fabulous art work, including superb framed photos by Justin Hoffman and Tim Allard
  • A day on the water with anglers such as Rocky Crawford and Sheldon Hatch
  • A weekend stay at Fernleigh Lodge on Lake Kashwakamak
  • and some great stuff for people who enjoy hunting.
If you haven't gotten your tickets, get'em soon. I suspect they will be all gone by early next week.

Cheers,
Last edited by Bobber on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Giving Back to Big Jim....

Post by RJ »

Tonight was the "A night of Appreciation for Big Jim".....with the event sold out it was bound to be quite the night.....with Big Jim always being the one "giving"....either his time, experience, encouragement or support.....he's been there for so many of us....and tonight was our turn....

Birdee and I felt priviledged to take part in to be honest.....the support showed to Jim by so many people tonight truly exemplified what he means to these people....Loads and loads of gear, trips, charter trips etc. to be auctioned off...

In the end.....the number raised for the Big Fella.....$48,000 plus...and more coming in....

Dave Mercer was a great MC for the night...

The Big Fella was really taken aback tonight....it was great to see.....I think tonight he really truly felt...what people think of him....

Thanks Jim...

RJ
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

What a great night it was.....for one heck of a great guy! Marise and I were also honoured to be a part of it all! :D :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

All I can say is WOW, what a great night. It was amazing how much people did to help out the Big Guy. The food was great, Mercer was great and the organizers did an amazing job. The sponsors and some anonamous donors really came through with some amazing auction items. It was great to see all the familiar faces as well as some new ones and I am so glad I was able to attend this great event.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

That's incredible and very touching. It's a testimony to how much everyone just loves Big Jim. God bless him and all who helped out!

W.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Looks like a great night they make for Big Jim and it shows that peoples ho care for us we care for them also :) . Take care Jim and get well soon and hope to se you again bud :) . Thats was very touching and I almost had tears in my eyes.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Amazing man and well deserved support..

Hats off to all involved.
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Big Jim

Post by Super »

It was a great evening, very well done.
That was $100 well spent!
Nice to witness a real class act when Tom Brooke (? not sure of name), one of the top guys at Shimano won a 42 inch flat screen TV and then he gave it back, to be auctioned off, and it raised $1,300 more for Big Jim.
Great tribute to Big Jim and well deserved.
Nice to see all the Fish Hawk guys but I see from the posts that I missed a few.
Bobber, we need something more subtle than a hat, like a pin that all the members could wear to a function like this.
Super
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Awesome night for an Awesome man.
Thanks to all involed with putting this evening together.
Wish I had deeper pockets for some of those auction items :?

Bear
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

That was the best 100% I have ever spent! What an absolute steller night, absolutly amazing. Way to go wally and everyone who helped organized the event. Great food, great emcee, great laughs all for a great guy. This event wont be one to forget.

Tight Lines
Anthony
Northamfishing Tackle
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Giving Back to Big Jim....

Post by Scumking »

RJ wrote:Tonight was the "A night of Appreciation for Big Jim".....with the event sold out it was bound to be quite the night.....with Big Jim always being the one "giving"....either his time, experience, encouragement or support.....he's been there for so many of us....and tonight was our turn....

Birdee and I felt priviledged to take part in to be honest.....the support showed to Jim by so many people tonight truly exemplified what he means to these people....Loads and loads of gear, trips, charter trips etc. to be auctioned off...

In the end.....the number raised for the Big Fella.....$48,000 plus...and more coming in....

Dave Mercer was a great MC for the night...

The Big Fella was really taken aback tonight....it was great to see.....I think tonight he really truly felt...what people think of him....

Thanks Jim...

RJ
Well said Rob, it was great night for a great guy.Cudos to Shimano for picking up the cost of the meal which meant that evn more of the $100 wnet directly to the cause. :D .I had a great time and all the gear was unbelievable.

Great to see some familar faces and a few I've never met before.

Ron
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

What an evening?????
I think just about everything has been said that could be said.
Notice the BIG FELLA has been left a long time speechless, and he has great probable cause for being this way.
Thanks again JIM for everything and GET WELL big GUY.
Wally, Paul,Mark, THANKS for putting the collective nogans together and pulling all of that evening off.
Thanks also to Mr. Tom Brooks from Shimano Canada for helping out also in a very BIG Corporate way, and all the other Corporate sponsors of the evening.