QUINTY REPORT OCT.23/04

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

QUINTY REPORT OCT.23/04

Post by big-o »

Had a good day on the bay :D

My brother Dave and I left my place about 5:30am , Stopped at Tims on the 401 to fill my thermos :D After missing two turns to Quinte (sound familar John)on the 401, I turned around and headed east on the 401 got off on county road 4 to Millhaven ...arrived at the Launch about a hour later :oops: :oops: I had My brother drive the boat off the trailer ,remmber that new prop...well now it's a old prop :x :evil: (bent a blade)....we had trouble getting the Ninty to idle so we motored out using the kicker....we started to set up as soon as we hit 100 feet of water, the first out, were the planner boards, I ran them out about 125 feet , the first board we ran a DR. death 135 feet back, the second board I ran a chrome Manns +20 back about 105 feet, the next to get set, were the Down riggers...First one I put down 25 feet and ran a Firetiger J-13 100 feet of the ball, the next rigger I set for 35 feet down and 140 feet off the ball....now in about 113 feet of water heading east towards the stacks ...the first release came about 10:30 am(off the planner board ,DR. Death) I handed the rod off to Dave...after a short none battle , Daves first Quinte Walleye was in the Net :D :D A fat 26 incher :D NO SKUNK TODAY :D :D :D
The next release(off the planner board Chrome +20) came a few mins later... I had the rod, again no fight :?
this was a small 22 incher
About 1/2 hour later the next release came as I was bringing in the line to change up the baits...a small 6 Lbs Sheepshead...No photo :oops:
We made the turn and headed back towards the Ferry, when the next release came I had the rod again(rod hog :D )after a some what of a fight the third Walleye was in the net(off the board , DR.DEATH)this fish had all three sets of hooks in her face :x It took a bit of time to remove the hooks, get the measurment and weigh her 32 " 9.9 LBS, I torpedoed her in back into the water....forgot to take a pic :x :x :x :oops:
about five minuts later The down rigger poped..I handed the rod off to Dave.. a good fight, deep head shakes a small run...and the fourth fish was in the net...Dave has his first double didget Walleye :D 11 LBS and 33.5 inches long
After that we lost two more beside the boat...both about 25 to 30 inches long :evil: :oops: :oops: we trolled back and forth for a couple more hours .....nothingImage

Since Dave had his Daughter coming for supper , we packed it in around 3:00pm
I met Xenos out on the water ...he was also having a great day ....I'll let him tell his story :!: :!: There was no sign of Eyetracker or Roughrider :( :( ...maybe next time , got the motor purrrrrrring like a kitten now...well except for the prop :x
Last edited by big-o on Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I knew it.... :x :x :x :x

Great Job Phil!

RJ
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Love the pics Phil!

I can't wait to get back up there! Seeing your brother kicked back with his coveralls wide open tells me the weather was a little better then the last time you visited the bay!

Doctor Death!
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

That's awesome Phil :!: So you're still .1 of an ounce from the double digit club :twisted: You going up again before the 26th of November :?: Let me know. I'm gonna be up hopefully every weekend from now until then. Congrats guys on the awesome fish.

cheers
Ken
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Great job Big-O! RJ kept saying we should have gone to Quinte!

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

YES YOU SHOULD HAVE :!: :!:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

kEN
That's awesome Phil So you're still .1 of an ounce from the double digit club You going up again before the 26th of November Let me know. I'm gonna be up hopefully every weekend from now until then. Congrats guys on the awesome fish.
I'll be up the weekend after next...in fact I'll be up every weekend till freeze up......weather permitting :D :D :D :D
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Ron my best friend was driving me nuts. “Did you see all those fish on fish Hawk”. We have to go to the BOQ. Ok, he convinced me so I called Big O. He told me where to go and what to use. Today was the day. We hit the water and in no time we had a 9.5 lb Walleye then a few of those sheep head all + 8lb I might add, I didn’t see the hits we heard them, the day ended with a personal Best of 29” 10.5 Walleye

Thanks Phil. and all the reat of you Hawk Talkers.

Image [/img]
Last edited by Xenos on Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Xneos

Good looking fish brother :D 8) ......you thinking of heading again?????If so let me know, I'll be up there till freeze up.... :D :D :D :D
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Great pics

Post by JP »

Great pics u guys.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Good job xenos and big-o and congrats to your bros first dd.......... Looking forward to getting down there in a couple of weeks.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Way to go Phil, Xenos!

Nice of the fish to cooperate!

Well done!
muskyfanatic
Participant
Participant

Post by muskyfanatic »

Great pictures guys, some beauties there. It's nice to see as we head down on Tuesday for three days. I feel a little more confident now :lol:

Good job!

Cheers,
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Those are some HUGE walleyes, guys. Congrat's on a great day out. One day...one day...I'll have a walleye worth showing a picture of!! :roll:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Wolfe

If you want to try for some Quinty Eyes....just say the word I'll take you and Hubby out for a day :D