Muskie outing, What a great day

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Congratulations on your first muskies, Snag & Markus. Way to go! The pictures are fantastic. New avatar for you, Snag! :D

That's amazing about your pole splintering, FH, and that Markus still managed to net it. :shock:

Wish I lived closer and had more free time to join you all; I'm jealous! Sounds (and looks) like a great time with some really nice fish.

Thx to everyone who posted the pictures.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Don't know that I can add more than everyone else, except to say.

JP, good job. I know you put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears trying to get the gang to the launch and dinner squared away.

For those who caught the muskies (and you know who you are), way to friggin go!!!! A special congrats to the muskie virgins. As most now realize, while they look a little like pike ... they ain't pike :!: I see Snag's got her new avatar. Hopefully Steve G can get his updated too.
And as for Bobber and Fish-Hawk in particular, there ain't no mistaken that you guys know your skis. Folks, these boys are humble and under-stated, but make no mistake, they can fish.

As for RUK and me, well, we knew we were destined to fail. Reason being, we were too prepared. We had a craddle, and a camera, and all the right gear. Kind of like jinxing yourself. Thanks for a great day on the water non-the-less. There ain't no mistaking the hysterical laughter at the end of a long day as you listen to the sounds of 9 inch shark (sucker minnow) slap the water cast after cast.

Nice to meet some new faces and reacquaint myself with the others. Sorry I did not get to spend more time mingling at the dinner.

For those who attended the apres muskie do party, thank you very much for coming. Great stories with great company. And I feel vindicated for erecting (tee hee) the giant tarp, even if only for a few intermittent showers. The fire was hot and the company top notch. You have not lived till you have heard FloatFishing talk of his great adventures.

And thanks so much to Markus and Pink Lady, and the girls for making the long trek down. We had a fantastic time!. Can't wait to do it again real soon.

Another great get together.

M.T. Livewell
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

DaveH wrote:And WIG, you'll have to try and post that monster we caught on the board!!!

TTYL!!
Now you'll see why I'm after another camera!

The incredible action in our boat Saturday...
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Wall-I-Guy wrote:
DaveH wrote:And WIG, you'll have to try and post that monster we caught on the board!!!

TTYL!!
Now you'll see why I'm after another camera!

The incredible action in our boat Saturday...
LOL Awesome pic!!

Now for the guessing game...which is the minnow, and which is the rock bass?? LOL
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Oh Dave; you're such a good sport! Always smiling... :D

Awesome catch, by the way! :wink: :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Dave.....a fish is a fish...you didn't get skunked...and you have photo to prove it.... 8) 8) :wink:
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

big-o wrote:Hey Dave.....a fish is a fish...you didn't get skunked...and you have photo to prove it.... 8) 8) :wink:
Too true!!

But I'm still kickin myself after a candy-arse hookset missed a fish...and then shortly after watch Fishhawk reel in his first muskie 40 feet away... LOL

Ahhh well... someday I'll learn!!!

And judging from Markus, I'm sure I'll be steadily reminded for the rest of my life *LOL*
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Dave, the minute you said "Me and WIG are gonna put up some points for team 4" was the minute you sealed your fate. :D

MT
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

M.T. Livewell wrote:Dave, the minute you said "Me and WIG are gonna put up some points for team 4" was the minute you sealed your fate. :D

MT
SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I know, I know... :oops:

I was just so excited to be going that I let it slip!! :oops:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

DaveH, to bad you didn't get that Muski boatside, WIG could have showed you how to play fish tennis with the net. It's a little nerve wracking, but fear not...the fish will eventually end up in the boat. :lol: :lol:
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Sorry for the late reply

JP, Thanks for orginizing the event, had a great time. Not a darn thing in my boat, I kinda wish I had gotten some suckers :x We did'nt even rise one
It was nice meeting some new hawkers, even if it was brief, and chatting with some of the guys I have met before,

Congrats on everyone who had there first this year and good job to everyone else who secured the deal.

Had a great time and can't wait untill the next one!

BASSSTALKER
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Wow!

Post by roughrider »

I just read the musky outing posts,looks like a great day for everyone,Markus again a sweet couple of fish and that fisherwomen Snag,what are you single guys waiting for,she probably has her own boat too,who cares if she can out fish you :lol: :lol: :lol: . :wink: roughrider
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'm thinking about converting to some religon that allows for 2 wives. :lol: You have to love here! :P
King Me
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by King Me »

marcus,
there's an :idea:

Great job on the catches everyone. Wish i could of made it up to for the event. Next year I'll be there for sure. Snag - I may turned to you for advise and beginners luck when I come up for my first shot at a muskie.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

:lol: :lol: You guys are too funny! And yes, I do have my own boat! Just a little 12ft but it gets me around.

King Me, my advise.... fish with Bobber! Him and Mike have some sweeet spots, and we had a fish at almost everyone of their spots.

:lol: :lol: Markus, you only need 1 wife. :lol: I, on the other hand, could use a few good men :lol: :lol: One for the dishes, one for laundry, :lol: