petrie (again) today!sunday

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

petrie (again) today!sunday

Post by Tip-up »

got to crappie bay about 8:30 with jig head(my brother).the bite didnt start until about 12 noon, lucky a school of perch kept us busy till then.i also met alot of new faces today . nighttroller thanks for the auger! :lol:

here is jig head with a 23 inch pike

here he is again with a little gill.

petrie owl

and the feast of perch. mmmmmm
Last edited by Tip-up on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Great pics Tip-up. Good job.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Nice looking perch for Petrie!

Way to go Tip Up.

Carlco
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Nice seeing you lads out there today. Seems you two were really the only ones hitting the perch and panfish out of everybody down there. Were there many more pike caught after I left (after nighttrollers pike?)

keep up the good work boys and keep posting those pics!

bucket
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

bucket there were alot nice pike caught when you left . there was a 7 pounder and a 5 and a half pounder pulled as well.(not us)
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

hey,, nice to see bucketmouth,fishhawk,nighttroller,and roxy today :)And alot of others , Great bunch of people 8)
Northamfishing Tackle
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Nice pics Tip up! I fished for yellow perch yesterday also and did pretty well. I don't know why more fisherman haven't targeted them. I was happy to find the larger Perch didn't have too many white worms. A bonus yesterday also was a few nice bass and some pumpinseeds on the jigging rods.

I took my young kids out late this afternoon and we caught a mixed bag of bluegill, crappie, and yellow perch until things shut off at 4:30. I met the Conservation officer on the way out and I have to say I get less probing questions when I fly Internationally or when I cross the border...
1.) When did you buy your license?
2.) Where did you buy your license?
3.) Where do you live?
4.) What is your Birthday?
5.) Do you have any fish (we didn't keep any)?
I know they are just doing there job, but I really thought this fella was just a bit too aggressive and was fishing for any little infraction he could nail me with. I wonder if these guys have quotas for fines they have to give out or there are that many that fish illegally on the Ottawa...

Almost two feet of ice at Petrie has got me looking for a gas auger on Ebay tonight.

Tight Lines,

Ratsotail
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

The Pike started hitting right after you left bucket. I had a couple of good hits after the pike I caught but missed them both. Beautiful day on the ice though, no wind and warm (for January)! Good to see the Hawk Talkers out including a cameo by Fishhawk!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

glad to hear the bite was on for you to ratsotail. did you get your bass off the point?? my brother caught a 3 pounder there 2 weeks ago.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

heres a pic of the 7 lb pike

ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

tip-up wrote:glad to hear the bite was on for you to ratsotail. did you get your bass off the point?? my brother caught a 3 pounder there 2 weeks ago.
Tipup,

So that you was you and your brother that got the nice Bass several weeks ago, eh! Actually, we were fishing out in the middle of Crappie Bay. You know not too far from that crazy looking shanty that someone erected out there. Since the community hole has been pounded to death we got some good exercise drilling holes in other areas not fished often.

Ratsotail
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice haul guys :!:
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Hi ratsotail,
So you got out Sunday as well must say I am jealous.
You were right the three owls we saw were great Gray owls there was a blurb in the birdwatcher section of the Ottawa Citizen in Saturdays paper.
It was great fishing with you again wasn’t that a hoot catching bass through the ice, mind you with the miles we walked and holes we drilled we earned them!
Aren’t our game wardens special they have such a way with folk? I wonder if the read stuff of this site. They have been to Petrie three times this year that may have something to do with the amount of chatter about Crappie bay!
Dave will find out about his winter holidays in the next day or two I should have no problem getting the same time, will PM you dates when they are confirmed.

Nice pictures tip up, got to get me a digital camera, I was about 10 feet away from one of the owls and would have loved a picture, plus pictures of the fish caught to post would have been nice.
Well and truly hooked!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Fun day, I'll bet. Great to see some of the pictures, too -- that's a nice pike for jig head. :D

Of course, being a nature nut, I like the owl pic, too. It's kind of dark, but I think you're looking at a barred owl. CCB, care to jump in and offer your hunch?

Anyway, keep them coming, guys. You sure are getting out there!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Hmmmm...

Post by Cancatchbass »

Wish it was a clearer photo, or better way of determining size Wolfe. :?

Breast and eye markings are more Great Grey, but overall does give an impression of a Barred.

Probably a Great Grey. Semi-educated guess. :lol:

CCB