A FishHawk Mini Gathering on the Snowy Niagara

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

A FishHawk Mini Gathering on the Snowy Niagara

Post by steve-hamilton »

Headed down to the river with a group of three other boats for a little outing in the snow.

originally Dave Clayton was supposed to join us, but unfortunately he had some work committments come up.

We showed up around....well...9:30am....lol. A few hours after everyone else....(saturday mornings can be tough)

It was a snowy day, started off at the bar, and ended in the Queenston Drift. I was fortunate enough to catch my first Rainbow....

After two skunkings in a row down there, it was a nice day to get some fish in the boat...

The water was clear, and the ice was minimal. All fish came on minnows, except Crash's beauty Rainbow, it came on a home-tied streamer. All fish were released to swim another day...

I know all boats caught fish, so you guys should be seeing some nice pictures of some quality fish!

Hawkers in Action.

Caught in the first four minutes of fishing (before i even got my line out!)

My first rainbow!!!! If you could only see my smile under there!!!!

Baby Brown...Cute Fish!

This time a nicer Bow...i was exstatic by this point!

My final fish....by this point, things were just......perfect.

Crash fighting his beauty, the biggest of the day.

A Big Beautiful Rainbow

A GREAT day with a GREAT bunch of guyz!
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I've been waiting to hear how you guys did! Looks like you all had fun. Perhaps some day I can join you down there? Looks like something I need to experience!! Congrats on the fish guys, they were well deserved.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D :D

Great pics Steve, looks like a good day on the river, congrats on your first bow ....and a mini convention to boot ...well done :wink:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Great post Steve,

Can't wait for all the other reports!

Super pics :!: Beauty fish :!:

Baby Brown :shock: :?: What's that about :?: Heck, we'd love some of those... :lol: :lol:

That looks about the size of my first brownie ever this winter...to me, it was huge!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Great pictures, Steve. Those fish are just so beautiful!

Love the snowy backgrounds; the fish seem to GLOW.

Thx for the great post.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Niagara Nick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Niagara Nick »

Nice pics. Steve I was down in the gorge when the heavy snow hit . Glad to see ya had fun :D
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice rainbow guys looks like you had a great day. I hope I could go up there one of these day I heard so much about the Niagara river trout fishing.
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

It was a grand day meeting up with all there. Thank you Steve for the ride and fast net for my bow.Thought is was going to be skunked there for a bit.Starting to get some feeling back in my fingers
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Nice job guys, great pics, looks like a good day :shock:
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Finally! The 12th arrived our small swarm of Hawk Talkers hit the lower river together.

BigO and Fishforfun are with me. Jackson and Crash are with Steve-Hamilton. Jammer was with Salmon. JimW and FrenchRiverHitter were with Squig69.

We all headed straight for the mouth for Lakers. BigO had the hot stick early and boated 2 lakers right off the bat! :P

Niagara Laker - 29 inches

Niagara Laker - 29 inches

Next up was me! This would be my only fish for the day. Big O and I agree....the skull caps will not appearing in any future photo opp's. RJ, phil says you can have yours back....please. :lol:

Niagara Laker - 25 inches

Fishforfun steped up and boated a great laker next. I was right there helping him with the net. :lol:

Niagara Laker - 25 inches

We moved into the river an lost a couple, but land no more for the day. It was so great that 10 of the 11 guys all caught fish! I can't wait to see all the pics from the other boats. There were some beautiful fish landed today. :P

Here's a pic for the simswich boys! :lol: :lol:

Great day! Can't wait for the morning and do it again! :P
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA that was great Markus!! Still laughing!! HOLY haven't laughed like that since I was a little school girl!! :shock: :lol:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Great fishing guys...how'd this disappear from the Great Lakes forum??

Anyway, super day :!:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Cool pics guys!!! ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: - Saskie made a funny...cool - snow get it? :lol: :lol: :lol: I crack myself up....

Ahhhhh never mind. :evil:

Nice fish anyways!
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Was a fun day forsure!!! If your all wondering who was the poor soul with no fish for the day... :oops: Tomorrow is another day!!! Was great to meet a few more new people. Was my great pleasure to finally meet the legend BigO. Thanks for the laughs Phil... Also Crash and French River Hitter nice to meet ya fella's. Was also good to team up with Salmon again, if you ever get the chance to fish with him, do it he is a real class act. Congrats on your Lakers Simon!!! JimW hopefully we will be able to get a morning fish in this week sometime... I will have to see if we can rig something up for me, you, and mark... Thanks again everyone for the good time... Jammer
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Thanks for sharing the pics guys.

Glad you had a good time.

Man I wish I can do that kind of fishing some day.