Lower Niagara - Mar 13th - Morning

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Duker
Participant
Participant

Cold fishin

Post by Duker »

LOL! You gotta love the looks people on the road, in restaurants/stores give you when your towing a boat late season (early season). People just can't believe we go through that much trouble for fish (esp. when yur releasing) Oh well, guess thats a test of how much we all love fishin.

Duke
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

Snidley wrote
I'm not a fanatic catch a release fisherman but i do fish the Niagara a fair bit. I would say that those Lakers will not only taste horrible but that the toxicity of those fish will be off the scale(they are 0 on the Ontario Consumption Scale).
Marcus wrote
Our day started off with a great laugh. Passing though Delhi at about 4:00 am...the cherries start flashing behind us! We pull over and the officer approaches my window. He can't believe we're actually going fishing and wants to know what we're doing with a boat at 4:00am on a snowy winter morning. After he reviews all the paper work and runs all his checks, he laughs at us and wishes us luck. I had a few fillets in the back, so I offered him a few. He says "really?" Big-O says "ya, take some!" He accepted, we fixed him up with a bag of fillets and we were on our way!

So I would assume you are now trying to poison Ontario's finest :shock: I hope you included all the required consumtion guidlines :) :) :)

Just kidding sounds like you guys had a great time and I'm sure the officer appreciated the gesture . By the way did you save any fillets for Jammer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

HAHAHA welcome to comedy night at Fish-Hawk.net!!!! Youl'll have to make the trek down next time with Phil... a good time was had by all...
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey jammer ....look what I found in my kit Bag.....you must of forgot it :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Sorry Bud...It was there i just had to use it :wink: ....Next time Chris for sure
moondog
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moondog »

HAAA !!!--now that was a funny read !!!--and to actually get pics too !!!
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Jammer my Grandfather told me when bigger guys start picking on you tell them "I may only reach your chin but if you keep it up I'll reach it one time too many" :wink:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Martin...
It was great getting out with you for a couple of Days...i hope we can get together and do it again, this time i think i'll just get a motel room close to the Launch....save all that travling, i think we wore Marcus out... :( :( , for the cost of fuel travling back and forth to Delhi...I think it would have worked out cheaper....Marcus...next time a motel, I'll pick up the tab for it :D
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I think a motel is a good idea. It saves you a bit of drive time and offers up a couple hours of extra sleep. Only thing is we wouldn't have the heated storage for the boat to thaw her out over night! :lol:

I had a blast fishing with 2 guys that have had the prilege of fishing with moses. Can't wait to do it all again in a few weeks.....this time Chinooks will be our target! :P