Got any good deer sausage recipes?

Great recipes to prepare your wild game. Enjoy!
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Got any good deer sausage recipes?

Post by SeaMonster »

Would like to fire up the sausage maker.
Anyone got any good deer sausage recipes that they've tried and liked? Saw a few online, but would prefer to take a recomendation here.
Thanks in advance.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Got any good deer sausage recipes?

Post by cprince »

SeaMonster wrote:Would like to fire up the sausage maker.
Anyone got any good deer sausage recipes that they've tried and liked? Saw a few online, but would prefer to take a recomendation here.
Thanks in advance.
Part of what makes me LOVE living out here on the edge of Quebec is the following;

I went "up the line" as they say out here... from Alcove to Low... not too far, about 10 minutes or so.... I needed some gas and the Petro Can in Alcove is always about 3¢ to 5¢ more. I also have had a hankering for that health food sensation; Pork Rinds!! The Stinson up there in Low has been known to carry them. None of the Stinky Hippy stores in Wakefield has them. I checked!!

So up I go two Sunday's ago... and they are out of Pork Rinds!! DAMN!! So I fill up and take a chance and head up about a KM further north to The Manitou... little Depaneur that also sells take out pizza. Super nice guy who owns it and is also an avid fisherman.

I park in the lot and notice that there are about 8 pickup trucks... nothing unusual... I walk into the store and about 10 rough looking guys with the owner are behind the counter with smokes sticking out of their mouths and in various stages of swigging beer. Buddy says he forgot to lock the door and that they are closed... but I could get whatever I came for anyway!

I spot small bags of Pork Rinds and yell HOORAY!! I scoop up all he has (only about 7 bags!) and throw them on the counter. They all start laughing and say... "Those are crap compared to THIS" and the guy hands me a tray FILLED with sausage!!

They were having a deer sausage making drink-a-thon!!! Man.. were they ever good!

Good thing (or too bad sometimes) I don't drink, or I would never have gotten home before Dexter! Complete strangers (to me) sharing good food like that... NEVER happened to me in Montreal...

They said it was "Farmer Sausage" with 30% pork and 70% deer. It was awesome!!

I will see about getting a proper recipe if it interests you.

Craig
SeaMonster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SeaMonster »

For sure interested!
Was planning on throwing my own sausage fest during the chistmas holidays.
Beer is optional.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAUP1wsmqUU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

SeaMonster wrote:For sure interested!
Was planning on throwing my own sausage fest during the chistmas holidays.
Beer is optional.
LOL!!

You going to watch Canadian C-Span too?

Craig