12' Carp Rod Carrying Bag

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

12' Carp Rod Carrying Bag

Post by LeGrand »

Rod breaks down in 2 sections only, so need carrying bag that can protect it, and maybe also can store the Baitrunner reel still attached to rod.

Any recommendations?

What do the Carpiste members use?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: 12' Carp Rod Carrying Bag

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Have you tried any of the carp suppliers?

Canadian Carp Club (in Cornwall)

or

Carpworld in Hamilton?

I got my carp rod at Wal-Mart in Florida as the rod and reel combos for surf fishing are practically the same.
Maybe not the G.Loomis of the bunch but good enough for the few times I go out.

Take the runs pretty good.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Yes, I glanced at these suppliers, and also "Canadian Carp Club <===> Carp Kit International", but wasn't sure among the many models if they only held 2 sections of 6', or if they where specialized for carp rods that break into 3-4 sections. Some description state length of slightly more than 100 cm.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Jimmy_1 wrote:I got my carp rod at Wal-Mart in Florida as the rod and reel combos for surf fishing are practically the same.
Maybe not the G.Loomis of the bunch but good enough for the few times I go out.

Take the runs pretty good.
My brother brought his 13' surf fishing rod to Lake Massawippi to use as a trolling rod, so lines with other rods would not get tangled. Man that is a long and thick rod, compared to my Wychwood Signature Carp rod which is long but slender. He bought his in Mirtle Beach where he has been going for the last few years on Holidays
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Well

After enjoying my folks place in Palm Coast I am throroughly converted to the "Salt Life"

I cannot wait to hit the tides and ICW again next March!
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

We have a few Ottawa Flyfishers Society (OFS) members that also linger in Florida a couple of weeks (especially during the colder Canadian months), and they would agree with you, but with a fly fishing rod.

8)