Chatterbaits- who uses them?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Chatterbaits- who uses them?

Post by BradGuenette »

lape0019 wrote:I will probably stick with the z-man and the booyah this year. Those molix ones are described as a vibrating jig and seem a little different. Great detail, but I don't think I want to try something with a fixed or inverted blade just yet. Pretty cool concept Though. I like that the hook seems to be able to swivel as it is not attached to the head. If everything goes good this year, I may just pick them up. Talk about a premium price though!!!!

Mind you, I don't seem to have an issue buying megabass so this is nowhere near that bad.

Adam
Can't go wrong with either, the boo-yah's even come with a couple of trailers which is nice. I don't know if you've seen the video of the Lover but it's crazy how much action this lure produces! Haven't got one yet but u also want to try the treble hook version, it would be great almost worked as a squarebill crank in shallow cover!
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/video.html?pcode=MLXSVIB
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

So i guess the general concencus is that these things work in grass, around docks, and rocks... That is a pretty versatile bait and now I am looking forward to trying it out even more.

I haven't checked out the video yet but did look at all of the molix lover products the other day. They all seem to have quite the attention to detail with nice colors. Once you have had it in the water a few times, if you wouldn't mind reviving this thread or creating another one with a quick review of how they work, I for one would be really happy.

They are definitely a bait that interests me now more than when I started this thread.

Adam
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Has the chatterbait been of any luck this year?
I have yet to purchase any....wondering if I'm missing out.
Really like that Molix.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

TheMaverick wrote:Has the chatterbait been of any luck this year?
Really like that Molix.
I really really enjoyed the Molix this season,works great in and around timber, I'm fishing it like i would a squarebill crank crashing it into everything I can. It has also exceled for me around docks, The action on these baits are unreal! 90% of the time a had a RageTail Menace as the trailer also did well with a GYCB twintail.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:Has the chatterbait been of any luck this year?
Really like that Molix.
The only way to find out is to purchase a half dozen and try them out.
I'm thinking they might be another alternative to spinner baits.
I can see where this might have been good on the flats at Dog Cranberry.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I actually barely used the two I got because I got hung up on the sick sticks and jig n pig setups. They produced so well for me, I barely threw anything else.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

We had good luck with the chatterbait for the Fed Cup on Quinte this year. Most of the guys were throwing spinnerbaits and chatterbaits. I prefer spinnerbaits as i find it better in weeds and i get more solid strikes.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I have one rigged with a minnow body or swimbait and over the last 3 years it has been my go to. I have caught bass, pike, walleye, and muskie... all on one bait... sometimes all in one day. This last year I mainly used it after I had a miss or swirl, then I would pitch it out there because I can vary the speed indefinitely in one cast... from burning it on the surface with lots of flash to letting it drop down a weed pocket and give it a couple of jigs. The one I have is an original chatterbait and is worn out... and I havent had quite the same success with a booyah.