New gear report

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

New gear report

Post by CNs »

Finally got a chance to try out some new gear.
Specifically:

Crucial crc 68ma jig'n worm Lews Super Duty 7.1 6 lb sunline fc sniper floro
Dobyns Champion 762 SF paired with a stradic mfga 2500 8lb Suffix castable floro

The Lews was very finicky to set up. I usually don't bother too much with the spool tension setting, and don't need to set the magnets past halfway. This reel backlashed very easily. I had to set the spool tension for every bait and needed to set the magnets.

Once set it was very easy to cast and got very good distance. Very different from the other Lews reels I have used.
I also did not like the 6lb sniper floro on this reel. Probably to light a test for this bait caster. I will be putting 10 lb floro on it later.

The crucial is a perfect rod for wacky worms. did not try other techniques with it

I picked up the dobyn's 762 because I really liked the 763 and wanted a rod for lighter finesse baits. Did not realy get a chance to use it too much but it seems to be a nice rod. I think though I like the 763 better.
Still have a Dobyns 745 RM CB with a LEWS BB1 to try.