Stringease Fastach clips

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Stringease Fastach clips

Post by Daboss »

Started using these this year, have already cast away 2 pricey lures, clip comes back intact but? empty! Too bad, they looked promising. :angry-banghead:

Addendum; lost another lure, the bass flipped, the clip came back empty, and yes I always check the clips integrity before I cast.
Last edited by Daboss on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stringease Fastach clips

Post by RJ »

Not sure what you did wrong as I've been using them for 2 years and have never had any issue at all.

RJ
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I actually bought these last year after reading about how much RJ liked these. I haven't lost a lure yet and find them harder to use than swivels but they don't seem to affect the lure as much. What were you using them for?

I have used them from crankbaits and jerkbaits mostly.

Adam
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Daboss »

I lost a Mepps spinner with a wire eye, and a large weedless spoon with a soldered eye.
I think it must be the way I cast, the lure doubles back on the clip like the tip of a whip.
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Daboss wrote:Started using these this year, have already cast away 2 pricey lures, clip comes back intact but? empty! Too bad, they looked promising. :angry-banghead:
I too use these and I've seen lures fall off twice, luckily both times they fell at my feet.
I noticed it only happened on lures that have a small wire diameter ring.

There is an easy fix/modification for it though and I haven't lost a lure since.

Basically what you want to do is open up the loop your lure sits in so that the half loop you threaded your lure onto is touching the straight wire section (shaft) of the clip. To do this, insert a jaw from a pair of needle nose pliers into the loop and give it a little squeeze.
This will make it just slightly harder to attach and remove a lure but you won't be losing them either.
John Hovis
Participant
Participant

Post by John Hovis »

Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum and so happy to see such a great info here. So many things i came to know new and the way you guys describe everything here sounds amazing. Thanks for all your work will back soon for more updates.

http:www.picnicbasket.net
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishToLive »

Link to the product page (cause I had to look it up...)
http://www.stringease.com/products.php? ... tach_clips