ICAST 2013 Shout Outs

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

ICAST 2013 Shout Outs

Post by TheMaverick »

Lots of interesting tackle coming up this fall....looking forward to a bountiful winter of stocking up on baits, rods and reels!

Daiwa's Tatula with TWS (T-wing system), project T is definitely interesting!
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.44.28 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.44.28 PM.png (206.1 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Revo Rocket....9.0:1 Helluva froggin/pitchin reel!
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.46.22 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.46.22 PM.png (642.39 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Shimano's Chronarch Ci4+, revamped Core?
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.47.20 PM.png
Screen shot 2013-07-13 at 11.47.20 PM.png (109.31 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Lew's BB-1 Pro

Orrochi XX rods.....Personally tried tested and true...Love this rod, will definitely be adding more to the arsenal.

Live target Baitball

Strom Arashi, long way coming from the flat fins! :?

Feel free to add your shout outs ;)
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: ICAST 2013 Shout Outs

Post by toobinator »

Been getting lots of calls on the Chronarch and the Koppers bait balls
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That chronarch CI4+ is not intended to replace the core. From what I have read, it is supposed to sneak in between the chronarch e and the core. Between that and the daiwa Tatula, I think I will have a hard time picking. I want a more finesse orientated reel so it will probably be the chronarch but on the other hand, I was hoping they would incorporate the micro brass gearing into the chonarch that is found in some of their japanese reels.

If I finally decide to get a JDM reel, I will also be looking at either a 2013 metanium or the aldebaran bfs.

The revo rocket and the livetarget baits are pretty sweet as well.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

..... and here I was thinking that I had all the equipment I needed.
That Revo Rocket looks promising.

Adam,

I finally got to try the DX743 paired with my new Team Lew’s Pro Speed Spool Casting Reel.
Took a while to dial in the reel: but once I did, the thing will cast a mile and is so so smooth.
I tied on 6" slugs and weightless senkos.... that rod and reel combo is excellent for both applications.
I had read a lot about the DX743 being an excellent choice for weightless senkos and they were right.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That's great to hear Frank,

I have used my team gold speed spool on a few occasions and it is one of the more difficult reels I have tried to dial in but yes, once dialled it, it performs flawlessly. The biggest problem I had was trying to over power the reel. The bearings in that thing allow it to free spool a lot easier than I was used to so once I got used to not putting as much force into my cast, it would cast quite far and reel quite smoothly. I am not a huge fan of those knobs though. They will take some getting used to or I will order a pair of the Abu Eva knobs in the small size.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lape0019 wrote:... it is one of the more difficult reels I have tried to dial in but yes, once dialled it, it performs flawlessly. The biggest problem I had was trying to over power the reel. The bearings in that thing allow it to free spool a lot easier than I was used to so once I got used to not putting as much force into my cast, it would cast quite far and reel quite smoothly. I am not a huge fan of those knobs though. They will take some getting used to or I will order a pair of the Abu Eva knobs in the small size.
Right on both counts. That spool will turn forever and those EVA knobs are not my favorite.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

If I remember correctly you have the Eva knobs on the team pro speed spool. If you want to swap them to the "other knobs" let me know as I would easily swap them out to the lew's Eva knobs to try out. Otherwise, an order of Abu knobs will probably be coming in the off season from tacklewarehouse.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

To get back on topic, I am also looking forward to the new Plueger patriarch baitcaster and the new megabass offerings.

I am not to sure about the look of the new reels but I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. I love my xt so maybe this will work for me.

The megabass lures coming out look pretty awesome as well but don't they always?

Adam
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote:To get back on topic, I am also looking forward to the new Plueger patriarch baitcaster and the new megabass offerings.

I am not to sure about the look of the new reels but I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. I love my xt so maybe this will work for me.

The megabass lures coming out look pretty awesome as well but don't they always?

Adam
Just had a look at the Pflueger....it's actually the spinning version but in a baitcaster. Good looking reel.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

TheMaverick wrote:
lape0019 wrote:To get back on topic, I am also looking forward to the new Plueger patriarch baitcaster and the new megabass offerings.

Adam
Just had a look at the Pflueger....it's actually the spinning version but in a baitcaster. Good looking reel.
I know what you mean. Same colors and everything. I am just not sure if I like the way the top of the frame is designed. I do like the colors though as they are just a little darker than the ones I am used to with my Patriarch XT I have now.

I am really loving the colors on the supreme xt though. I think that would look great on any rod.

Another item I am looking forward to seeing and wasn't talked about much anywhere are the yamamoto hardbaits coming out. Seems like they are coming out with some jerk and crankbaits.... I think I found the pictures on the Bassmasters page. They look pretty sharp.