Jigs

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Jigs

Post by River Monster »

I remember I asked about jigs prior to the site going down and can`t seem to remember the answers.

Anyway I really go into pitchin a jig this year and I am picking up some new jigs from tackle warehouse through a buddy. I manly throw these on the Rideau river. I`m just wondering if there is a certain brand you guys prefer and some go to colors. I know black/blue seems to be the go to color for most guys.
- Rick Ozga
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Jigs

Post by cndbasshunter »

River Monster wrote:I remember I asked about jigs prior to the site going down and can`t seem to remember the answers.

Anyway I really go into pitchin a jig this year and I am picking up some new jigs from tackle warehouse through a buddy. I manly throw these on the Rideau river. I`m just wondering if there is a certain brand you guys prefer and some go to colors. I know black/blue seems to be the go to color for most guys.
Lightning Series, Punisher Jig, or Arky from Perfect Jig. Black, black blue, and black purple for me!
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

I'm absolutely love Dirty Jigs! They come with a super stout Mustad hook, lots of good colors and head designs aswell!
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Sourdough
Participant
Participant

Post by Sourdough »

Not quite as traditional, but I had good success with some of the lead free offerings from TimmyToms. Mostly green/brown conbinations or black/black and blue combinations of football jigs or what they call jiggle jigs. They come through the weeds quite well. My kids also did quite well with their panfish jigs.

http://timmytoms.com/
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

I like the traditional strike king jigs, but usually for flipping I texas rig a plastic or use a screw on hook with weight attached.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Dirty Jigs are the ones i was looking at, review seem to be pretty good all around the web.
- Rick Ozga