Kistler Helium 2 LTX

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
pigeon
Participant
Participant

Kistler Helium 2 LTX

Post by pigeon »

Is anybody using these two rods before? Are they good rod? Or just a low end rod?

Kistler Magnesium TS MGTBWWMH610S
Kistler Helium 2 LTX HE2MHC66

Is there any advantage to use 6'6 rod instead 6'10 rod?

What is the main application for shorter rod?

Or longer rod (6'10) is always better/easier to use then shortter rod?

Thanks.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Kistler Helium 2 LTX

Post by lape0019 »

I have never used Kistler rods but the Magnesium is one of their more budget friendly rods and the Helium used to be their flagship rod before they came out with the Zbone. Coinceidetally. Neither of these rods are currently in production. The Helium is now on its 3rd change and I beleive the Magnesium was replaced by the KLX although I remember it being priced a little less than the KLX.

The 6'6" rod would be great for tip down applications. I use a rod that length for shallow crankbaits and jerkbaits as I am short and the shorter rod helps me not hit the water with the tip when I am twitching the bait.

The downside is that with shorter rods, you usually lose some distance on casts so the use is really dependant on what you are trying to do.

Adam
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Kistler Helium 2 LTX

Post by curls »

The Helium II LTX is a nice rod. If you're looking for a shorter rod for pitching moderate cover (docks), this might be a perfect rod for you. They are VERY sensitive. I had a 7'6" telescopic flipping stick in that He2 LTX lineup. The thing was a BEAST. Extremely sensitive but also very, very powerful.

The Magnesium is on-par with many less expensive rods these days (Abu, Daiwa Tatula, etc.). I'd pick the Tatula, or find a 13 Fishing Omen Black at that price point.