Durable/workable gloves

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Durable/workable gloves

Post by avidangler »

I'm looking for a pair of gloves that I can use late fall when fishing with the bait caster. They would need to be water proof, durable, warm but still leave me with enough dexterity to use my reel properly. I've tried golf gloves which met all the criteria except the durability part. Any idea's?
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Durable/workable gloves

Post by BradGuenette »

I use the Windstopper gloves from Simms and absolutely love them.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/windstopper-flex-glove.html
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

BradGuenette wrote:I use the Windstopper gloves from Simms and absolutely love them.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/windstopper-flex-glove.html
I know of two other hard core anglers who swear by these.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Check out gloves by Kast. Not sure if the stores around here have them as I got them for Christmas last year. I've got the steelhead ones and they are pretty sweet. Keep the hands nice and dry. Not sure how the thumb would be on a bait caster but they fit good and are pretty thin. Just type kast gloves into google. Good post though interested to see what else is out there, I like warm dry hands.
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Thank you for the suggestions I'll definitely check them out although I'm a bit leery of spending money on something I can't physically try on first hard to judge the fit via a picture.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

avidangler wrote:Thank you for the suggestions I'll definitely check them out although I'm a bit leery of spending money on something I can't physically try on first hard to judge the fit via a picture.

We carry the Windstopper gloves at Sail in various sizes.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Picked up the windstopper today at lunch> These are exactly what I'm looking for and I can't wait to put them to the test tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.